Sunday, November 29, 2009

O' Christmas Tree...

My very special mother began a Christmas tradition when my sister and I were quite young! Each year she would purchase a Hallmark Christmas Ornament for each of us and give them to us as we decorated our Christmas tree. I still have my very first ornament... Betsy Clark 1975! And now, I also have all of my sister's ornaments! Memories! Very special memories!

I have continued this tradition with my family... and I hope it is as meaningful to my children as it has been to me.


Look!


Placing their new ornaments on the tree!




Logan - 2009 Thomas and Friends (of course!).


Lorielle - 2009 Cinderella and her Coach (of course!).


... and now the decorating begins!








Logan thought the icicles looked best all on the same branch!


Lorielle carefully placing each ornament in just the right place!

And as tradition continues... placing the Angel as the very last decoration!


Logan thought once the tree was decorated he could pick and choose which ones he wanted to take off and play with! Each day I am asked if he can play with Thomas... Noah's Ark ("the ship" as he calls it!)... or even Cinderella's Coach. Sorry Buddy! Of course, does he listen? No, not always! But at least he brings them to Mommy "to fix" after he takes them off the tree!

Beautiful!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Love your tree and the ornament tradition! I do that with our boys too, not Hallmark but an ornament that has to do with what they are in to for the year. But the only Thomas I could find is the same as Logan's! Love it! That is so special you have your sister's ornaments too. One day you will pass them all on to Lorielle, what a priceless gift!!