
And so it happened...
This afternoon as I picked up Lorielle from school... I noticed she wasn't her happy lil' self in line as they walked out from class. Each student gives the teacher a "high-five" as they leave... and Lorielle was wearing an upside down smile today. She came running to me... and buried her pretty little face in my shirt.
"What is the matter?", I asked.
mumble, grumble... and then tears began to flow down her sweet lil' cheeks that were as red as a cherry.
"Sweetie, what is the matter?"
Completely inaudible... but thinking I understood her...
"What? Huh? You pooped your pants?" I whispered in her ear as I was discretely looking at her pants...
"No!" she grumbled.
"I can't understand you... what did you say?"
Her BFF Jocelyn helped her out a bit...
"Mrs. Lisa, she had to pull her pin today."
Tears flowing down... "Are you mad at me?"
"Oh Sweetie, of course not... it is okay. Were you talking?"
"Uh-Huh."
"Well, that is okay... it happens to everyone!"
"Who were you talking to?" I asked... assuming it was one of her girlfriends...
"Trevor" she answered.
"Oh yes... Trevor!" I replied... "Yup...Trevor".
Her BFF's gave her big hugs as she stood in the parking lot and sobbed. Allison and Jocelyn assured her it had happened to them once or twice before... and it was definitely okay.
Oh my sweet girl! I have heard a lot about Trevor lately. "Trevor does this..." "Trevor does that..." "Trevor said this..." Trevor... the little boy that always tells Lorielle how nice she looks in the morning... how pretty her hair is... and just so happens to sit next to her in class. I had a feeling this might happen. Maybe a bit of a *crush*... but, definitely a little too much talking.
Lorielle has never had to "move her clip" (kindergarten) or "pull her pin" (first grade). Bob and I have had a few "laughs" as we pondered when this day might come. We knew she would be devastated... and we were right.
As we drove home from school we talked... Mommy shared her memories of the one and only time I had my name written on the chalk board. I, too, was devastated... even in 7th grade... it still hurt... but I never let it happen again. I have a feeling Lorielle might rewrite "history"... but, that is okay!
At least she didn't poop her pants, right?
And Logan... well, I have a feeling he won't make it through the first day of kindergarten!
Monday, April 12, 2010
"History"
From The Heart By
The Tweedy Family
at
4:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wish I could say Joey has never moved his pin, but I am pretty sure he could tell you exactly how to get to the principal's office! ha ha! Oh to have a girl!
What a sweet heart! I also hated getting my name on the board! So traumatic! If it makes Lorielle feel any better, Brooke has had to move her clip to "yellow" a few times! :)
Post a Comment