Saturday, October 29, 2011

8... Oh My... 8!



My Dearest Lorielle,
Oh my goodness... my lil' Miss Sweet Pea... are you really, truly 8?
As in... E I G H T years old? Oh, it so can't be... can it? It seems as if October 29, 2003... at precisely 8 :17 am... was just moments ago. It was, right? I remember the very moment you were born... the very first time I saw your pretty lil' face... and kissed that perfectly round lil' head. My heart melted... and it has again, and again, and again! 8 precious... 8 wonderful... 8 miraculous... years! Happy Birthday Lorielle! I love you... I love you oh, so much!
At 8... you have quite the "lil'" (okay, not so little) personality... mixed at times with a dose of attitude! Oh yeah! But, we wouldn't have it any other way! You love to be a "goof"... full of spunk... making all of us laugh and smile! Your idea of fashion doesn't always agree with your Mommy... but yes... you certainly have style! Shopping for clothes can be hilarious at times... as you parade out of the dressing room as if you were walking down a runway! I love it! When you are quiet... Mommy knows without a doubt something isn't right. I may have to ask a few times... but, eventually you curl up on my lap... and the flood gates open. Sensitive... oh, yes definitely... and that is so okay! You wouldn't be our Lorielle without it! Lorielle you have... and always have had... a pure, heart of gold. You love... absolutely with your entire heart! You have compassion for others... and are always taking the time to make sure your family and friends are okay! You take care of your lil' brother as if you were his lil' mommy... and that makes me so very proud! Lorielle... you are beautiful inside and out! We love you sweetheart... so so much!
At 8... you still love your chicken nuggets and honey mustard is a must! But, you are beginning to take a liking to other foods, too! Yay! Spaghetti is becoming a favorite and you love most fruits and a good salad! American Girl and Barbies are playtime favorites! Taylor Swift is your "idol"... and we love to listen to you sing her songs! Your favorite subject at school... well, of course... recess! Homework is so not your favorite... but, most days we make it through without too much drama. You love your teacher - Mrs. Brown... and still want to be a teacher when you grow up (and a Mommy, too!). Your room... well... organization is still a foreign word in your vocabulary... but, your Mommy is still hopeful! Of course, you can be totally neat and organized when you choose to be... but, who wants to bother with that, right? I love you anyway Lorielle... no matter what!
I know you aren't looking forward to having your surgery (tonsils and adenoids are coming out!)... but, sweetie... Mommy is praying very hard this will be that needed "thing" that is going to make you feel so much better... and back to your lil' self! I am sorry that you have to go through it... but, once it is behind you... you will feel so much better! I will be right there with you... and at your bedside at home to feed you all the ice-cream and Popsicles you want! Of course, it will give us some extra time to cuddle... hang out... watch movies... and just be together!
Lorielle... I am so very blessed to be your Mommy! You are that sweet lil' girl I dreamed of having as I played dolls when I was a little girl! I thank the Lord for you each and every day! You are my everything... my world... and I thank you for that! I will always be here for you... always! I will always love you with my entire being... no matter what! I will always be your Mommy... and you will always be my lil' sweet pea!
Happy 8th Birthday Lorielle! May all of your wishes come true! I can't wait to celebrate your special day at Disneyland!
Mommy
xoxoxoxo

0 comments: