
Okay... okay... I know this picture is blurry... but, you should be thankful for that... because it is also "gross". I told my daughter to open her mouth... and as she did... she breathed on my camera lense and fogged up the lense. If you look closely... you will see the white scabs in Lorielle's throat. This is the only picture I have to "document" our lil' Miss Sweet Pea's surgery! I have been busy being a nurse, a doctor, a mommy... and sometimes a "drill instructor". haha! Yes... Lorielle had her tonsils and adenoids removed on November 15th. She was down for 5 days straight... barely drinking... and totally not eating! Today as I shoot this picture is her very first day off of the sofa... dressed... and up and around. However, she is still not eating much... at... all! She has been a trooper though. She HATES taking medication... and hasn't been able to stomach it since she was two years old. But, for the last 5 days she has been on a strong dose of Tylenol with Codeine every 3 hours... along with a second dose of regular Tylenol every 4 hours. And she has kept it down... barely... but, she did! Surgery went well... she gave the doctors and nurses a run for their money on the way to the operating room (she tried to get away). And as they put the mask on her face... she pulled it off and told them it didn't smell good! But within a minute or two... she was out! The screaming helped, I think... she went under quick! And... because she was so upset... they had me suit up and go into the OR with her until she was asleep. I think I looked like a walking marshmallow... dressed in white paper from head to toe! She did well in recovery. Even in so much pain... and so sleepy... she always said please and thank you... and I was told not only how polite she was... but, how beautiful she was, too! "Please go get my mommy!" she asked when she woke up... and "Thank you!" she said when they covered her with a blanket when she was cold... and gave her her medication. Ahhhh... she is such a sweetie! We are so happy to have this behind us... and even though she has a few more weeks of recovery... we know in the end... it will all be worth it!
We love you Lorielle... and are so proud of you for being so brave!
Thank you Lord for watching over our precious lil' girl during this time and giving us an awesome doctor!
0 comments:
Post a Comment