Saturday was Mommy's "30th" Birthday (give or take a few years!)... It was a cRaZy day... but, I think that may go with the territory of turning 40 (YIKES!). Lorielle and Logan were still trying to recover from their colds... and both were extra cranky! So, we decided to stay home and clean house. Fun, huh? For some reason, I found my mind wondering... calculating how old my children would be when I was 50,60,70... UGH! I definitely needed a distraction! About 2:00pm, we all had "cabin fever" and were itching to go somewhere... anywhere! So, we loaded in the car and headed to San Diego. My favorite restaurant is Anthony's... and I was soooo looking forward to getting out, having a nice dinner... and enjoying my precious gifts from above! And... we did! It was GREAT... and just what I needed! Lorielle and Logan were perfect at the table (they usually are) and Logan enjoyed some baked potato, bread, and crackers. Lorielle enjoyed watching the cruise ship leave port... and talking about how much fun we were going to have on our upcoming cruise to Alaska (THANK YOU Grandma and Grandpa!). Usually after Anthony's we head to Seaport Village to window shop, ride the carousel, and have an ice cream, but it was pouring rain... cold... and Lorielle was beginning to complain of an ear ache. She slept some of the way home, but I could tell it wasn't getting any better... and she has never complained of an ear ache... so, I knew we would be visiting Urgent Care that night. Sure enough... we did! And yes, our little girl had two pink ears!
It was a long day... and a really long night... and boy, I was certainly feeling old when I crawled into bed in the wee hours of the morning. Feeling old yes... but, ever so grateful that I have been blessed with the two best birthday presents ever - Lorielle and Logan! Being given the title of "Mommy" and hearing those precious little voices call my name is a blessing I thought I may never experience at any age!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Celebrating Mommy's Birthday!
Lorielle's words of wisdom on my birthday ~
Lorielle: "Mommy, are you feeling old today?"
Mommy: "Yes, a little sweetie!"
Lorielle: "Well, Mommy don't worry, you will always be my mother... and you still have hair... even on the back of your head!"
(She has been known to ask Papa on occasion what happened to his hair... and what happened to his "back hairs" on his head?)
Priceless!
From The Heart By
The Tweedy Family
at
3:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment