Priceless Thoughts From My 4 year old Daughter!
"Mom, will Heaven have places that are quiet?" ... HHHmmm... made me wonder... does she think our house is noisey? Too funny! With our two dogs barking, Logan chattering while bouncing in his jumperoo that has rattles that move and music that plays, Lorielle singing to her talking baby, and Bob and I conversing... ALL AT THE SAME TIME... well, I don't think our house is noisey... DO YOU?
"Mommy, who should I vote for?" ... I told her that as Christians, it is important to vote for someone that shares the same beliefs that we do. I then told who I would be voting for and why I wasn't voting for the "other two". It was a brief conversation... and my simple answer seemed to satisfy her question. About 10 minutes later, she was sitting on the sofa alone - I was folding laundry - Logan was sleeping - and I heard her say "SHAME ON YOU OBAMA!" ... I said "what did you say Sweetie?" ... and she repeated "Shame on you Obama!" with a pointing finger... Too funny! (I might add, she enjoyed watching the debates... and that became the question of the night for several weeks: "Mommy is there a "devate" tonight?"
A few days later... she came to me and said "Mommy, Obama doesn't make good wishes for us, does he?" ... "No sweetie, he doesn't", I replied. "And, the lady one doesn't either, right Mommy?"
My mom kept my Hugg'ems doll from when I was little... as well as my sisters. I found them packed in a suitcase a few weeks back and decided to put them up in Lorielle's closet. I didn't really have any plans for them... maybe to take them down on a "rainy day" for Lorielle to play with. Lorielle's first doll was also a Hugg'ems doll, so she noticed that the two in her closet looked very similiar to hers. Since then, she has asked me a few times to take them down... and I told her "one day I would". They are old and fragile... and I guess I am afraid something may happen to them. She asked again this morning... and before I could answer... I noticed she was in deep thought... and then said "Mommy are you going to take those to Heaven with you?" ... ... ... HHHmmm... she definitely stopped me in my tracks. What a very good point she brought to my attention! I explained to her that we don't take any of our possessions with us as they will mean nothing to us... but, that the Bible tells us to store our treasures in Heaven... After our conversation, my Hugg'ems dolls came off the shelf for my little one to see and hold.
Have you seen the beautiful Poppies on our hills? Lorielle notices them every time we are out. She asked me how they got there... and I explained to her they were wild flowers that God had created to grow after we have a lot of rain in the winter. Today while driving home she asked, "Mom, when did God come down from Heaven and plant those flowers?"
"Mommy, if Jesus is in my heart... how can He be in your heart, too?"
Lorielle and Logan both have colds (again!). I consider myself an "overprotective" mother I guess... and I haven't let Lorielle play in an indoor playground at Chick-Fil-A, etc. for quite a long time. I have read how filled with "cooties" they are... and I hate to see my little ones sick. Today while eating lunch at Chick-Fil-A, Lorielle sat quiet for a few minutes (which is very rare!)... and then out came... "Daddy, I have a cold right?" "Yes, you do!" ... "When I have a cold that means I have germs, right?" "Yes" ... "Well Daddy, since I already have germs it would be okay for me to go in there and play then, right? Bob and I couldn't help but laugh.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Giving It Some Thought!
From The Heart By
The Tweedy Family
at
4:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment