I have sat here for the longest time... searching for the "perfect" words... How do I begin this post? Where to do I begin? ... What do I share? ... The only word that speaks to my heart is "honesty"... again... and again... so, I will delete all that I have typed... and start anew... and begin my post with...
Honesty...
Yes, Bob and I struggle at times - as individuals... as a married couple. We have peaks... and aren't those times the absolute best? Standing on top of that magnificent mountain top... taking slow, peaceful breaths of such crisp, clean air... with a feeling of strength... all the while glancing at the mountains that surround us... quickly peering into the fearful canyons below, but with a sense of accomplishment and peace! Oh... but yes, we also experience the not so bright valleys. Definitely not the best place to be... at least so we think!
A month or two ago on a Sunday morning at church... our pastor preached a message that prompted our hearts. After the sermon, Bob and I stepped forwarded during an alter call... and we made a commitment to follow Christ's lead in ways we could serve our church and the people in our community. And, I believe it was at that very moment that Satan set up camp right in the middle of our family room with his entourage in tow! His agenda of course - ATTACK! And, so he tried! How on earth could we serve our Lord and Savior while we were being hit from all sides... battling each other - the world - and just about everything else but the kitchen sink? I am sure Satan was grinning with glee as he thought he was winning... but, he didn't... and he won't!
The valleys, although at times dark, cold, and painful... are also times when God is at work within us... "growing us" to be more like Him. I would definitely not choose to be in a valley... for the mountain top is by far the better place to be... but, sometimes the valleys are exactly where God wants us to be... a place where we need to be! I will admit the last few months have been down right crummy... but, in God's perfect timing... in only His way... He provided a new perspective this weekend.
Fireproof!
Bob and I shared a very special date night Saturday evening... a movie and dinner at Wood Ranch! But, we didn't see just "any" movie... we saw "Fireproof". Let me tell you... it is an AWESOME movie... and one that will definitely touch YOUR marriage! It is a definite must see! Unfortunately, it is out in limited release... and currently scheduled to play in theaters for only one week... but, I encourage all to see it!
All marriages have their peaks and valleys... and the Love Dare is something we can all do to "Fireproof" our marriage... See it!!! I know it definitely made an impact on Bob and I!
"Love is not a fight... but, something worth fighting for!"
http://fireproofthemovie.com/
And... you may want to take a box of Kleenex with you!
1 comments:
I totally want to see that movie... Kirk Cameron was my first crush!! Funny right?!
Post a Comment