Thursday, September 4, 2008

Settling Into Our Routine

Wow... we are into our third week of kindergarten... and so far... so good! I have to be honest... I still can't believe Lorielle is in school... and I find that I have to "remind" myself several times each day. But, she is doing GREAT! I am so very proud of her and I just beam with joy as I take her and pick her up each day. I am filled with anticipation every day, as I can't wait to hear all that she shares with me when she comes home. As of today, she is on letter "K"... they have reviewed colors and shapes... in math they are learning to sort by color, shape, and size... they review the day of the week, the month, and the year each day... and so much more! We were told at Back To School Night they will be learning to read shortly. *Gulp*... already? YUP! Her favorite "subject" of course is still recess... and buying her lunch is a treat! We let her buy it once per week... and the first time she came home and said "Mommy, it's just like SoupPlantation... I can carry my own tray!" Too cute! Lorielle's teacher is AWESOME... and I really thank God for placing the right people in our lives to hear their recommendation of her. I volunteer in her classroom each Thursday... and I have seen other teachers... and really, Lorielle definitely has the BEST! She is strict, but in a good way... her classroom is never loud or chaotic like many kindergarten classes can be.

So... yes, we are settling into our routine... school, snack, homework, playtime, practice letters, dinner, bath, reading, snuggle time... and then... lights out! Bob began a new shift a few weeks ago which allows him to be home in the mornings, but he is gone during the afternoon and evening. It has been a struggle for both Lorielle and Logan not to have their Daddy home at bed-time, but it is only for six months. So, we are making the best of it!


Tuesday - Day 5 of Kindergarten!



Wednesday - Day 6 of Kindergarten



Thursday - Day 7 of Kindergarten




Friday - Day 8 of Kindergarten!



0 comments: