10 years ago today... "I" became "we".
10 years ago today... "Miss" became "Mrs.".
10 years ago today... it was no longer "me"... but "us".
10 years ago today... the most sacred words were vowed.
10 years ago today... "two" became "one".
10 years ago today... my heart was captured forever.
10 years ago today... my best friend also became my husband.
10 years ago today... "He" became my whole world.
10 years ago today... I married the man of my dreams!
Celebrating 10 Years!
Robert, Wow... 10 years ago today... at sunset to be precise... in that little chapel... in Las Vegas... we were married! Can you believe it? 10 years! Memories honey... oh, don't we have a ton? We've shared the best of times... and certainly the worst. But here we are... still together... married and committed... in every sense of the word.
At times I wasn't sure we would survive the crashing waves upon our shore... but, we have. At times I wasn't sure our love could endure what life dropped at our doorstep... but, we did. At times walking away seemed so much easier... but, we didn't. And, at times giving up was so tempting... but, we haven't. How I love you!
We have shared so many special moments. Loving... laughing... and sharing every day together as husband and wife... mommy and daddy! You are an amazing husband and father. I can't imagine my life without you.
Only you... can turn "ordinary" into "extraordinary". It is only you that can make me feel like an absolute Princess as I am wearing a faded t-shirt and pj bottoms with holes. Only you can turn a crazy day into a romantic night. And somehow only you can make a glass completely empty look totally full. Oh and yes... only you can frustrate me beyond belief and yet have me bursting into laughter a few seconds later! Honey... you and only you... hold the key to my heart!
Two very stubborn people...at times complete opposites - learning... growing... compromising... accepting... forgiving... and through it all... loving! Wow!
Thank you for making my life what it is today! Thank you for loving me when I wasn't "lovable". Thank you for accepting my faults (oh, do I have any?) and loving me through them. Thank you for helping me "sit still" when my "perfectionism" won't allow me to. Thank you for helping me "stop and smell the roses". Thank you for giving me the most two precious gifts life could ever hold! Thank you for being my friend... my husband... and my everything!
As much as I loved you 10 years ago today... I love you even more!
Happy 10th Anniversary!
Forever and Always,
Lisa
*** ***
What I Have Learned in Ten Years
Lisa,
As I am away at work today, I have been thinking of you often. My plan of course was to be on a romantic cruise with you relaxing at some exotic port. But of course reality sailed in and so here we are, me, staring up at the ceiling wondering what career I really signed up for, and you, chasing two rambunctious kids around the house meeting their every need, and most of their wants.
But, with time I have learned a few things about you, and me, and us. I have learned for instance that you are usually right most of the time. Actually, I learned this truth a few years ago but being me, it took me a few additional years to accept this, admit it...and realize that...umm, I was wrong to not accept this fact a long time ago....oh....there you are...see...you were right again! I know that you are smarter than I am--but that is okay! I tell people that all the time, mostly because it's true! I know that on the outside you have no patience for my shortcomings, but on the inside you really do--you must! I have learned that I do love you more than I did ten years ago. My love for you has grown, we have been through so much together--too much!
I know that you are a good cook even though you pretend not to know where the kitchen is. I know that you are beautiful--even though I think you sometimes think you are not--know that you are! I have learned that you are able to take care of yourself, but you also like to be taken care of. I am learnig...slowly...what you need from me. I'm still working on this one but maybe by our twentieth anniversary I'll have learned. I have learned that I need to make you feel secure and be your rock, your safe harbor, your lighthouse in the midst of the storm. You don't act like you need me, to be there for you, but you do...and maybe it's because of your strength that it took me so long to realize that. But now, the light is on...it's okay to approach the harbor, I'll guide you away from the rocks! I have learned from you what commitment is. I have learned what dedication is. And, I have learned what it means to be a giver and not a taker.
I know that our life is not perfect. I know that I still have things to do, to take care of, to make better. But know, and I hope you know, how much I really do love you. Not for what you do, but for just being you. You are who I love. Lisa, Happy Anniversary, I love you with all my heart! Bob
Friday, January 29, 2010
10 Years...
From The Heart By
The Tweedy Family
at
5:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy 10th Anniversary to both of you!! Your letters were both so beautiful and honest. Thanks so much for sharing! We wish you many more years of memories and love together! Love, The Cullen's xoxo
Beautiful!
Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment