Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Lil' Light

This flashlight (a gift from Santa) has become quite important to a certain lil' someone in our house. In fact, in addition to his stuffed McQueen car... Thomas and a "few" of his friends... this flashlight is getting tucked into bed, too! And no, I don't mean next to his bed neatly placed on his toy box (tried that!)... I mean IN his bed... under the blankets... right next to him (of course, with one hand on it!). I say prayers with him... kiss him goodnight... turn on his monitor... and before I have even stepped foot out of his room... the flashlight comes on. I sit in the loft and my heart melts as I watch this lil' light. It shines on the ceiling... on the door... out in the hall... back on the ceiling... on the wall... on his train table... and then without any further ado... it is turned off... and asleep my lil' man falls.

As I head to bed each night... I sneak into his room and unload what I can find hiding between the sheets. It isn't much fun to roll over on Thomas in the middle of the night. Trust me, I know.

Two nights ago, he came into our room in the middle of the night crying because he couldn't find his flashlight. He crawled up into our bed, as Daddy scurried into his room to find it. Placed it next to him IN our bed... and back asleep he went.

Last night, I woke to rustling on the monitor. I couldn't figure out exactly what he was doing... but, just minutes later... in the darkness of night... I saw that lil' light... with him following right behind. The light guiding his way... as he climbed onto our bed... the flashlight then went off, and without a word he went right back to sleep. It didn't matter how sleepy Bob and I were... we couldn't help but laugh!

Logan... you light up my heart lil' man... you light up my life!

I Love You! Always... Forever... Mommy