Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Brownie Bowling?

Well... maybe not! At least not today!


The Plan: Brownie Troop #1265

Brunswick Bowling

3:00-5:30 p.m.

After School Special

Shoes... Bowling... Snack... Drink... $6.99

The girls were quite excited! I think just about everyone at school knew where the girls were headed after school! BOWLING! Wahoo! And so the afternoon began! As usual, the moms arrived promptly to pick up their daughters from school. However, today the girls literally jumped into the cars - as typically they lolly-gag-along... hoping for a play date... or extra time in the parking lot together. Away we went... car by car... headed to
Murrieta for an afternoon "in the lanes".
.
We arrived... Lorielle taking it all in... as she has never been bowling before. Mrs. Jennifer and Mrs. Petrina headed to the counter to pay. I waited with the girls as they watched all of the bowlers and tried to decide what color balls they would pick! I noticed something wasn't flowing smoothly at the cashier... and as I listened... I could hear the attendant stating they did not offer the "after school special." Of course, Mrs. Petrina nicely explained that it said they did on their website... and that this lil' troop of 6 Brownies worked very hard to earn this money. No! Nope! Not Even! So... Mrs. Petrina asked if she could speak to the manager. For whatever reason... the manager wouldn't come to the counter! After much discussion, they finally offered the troop a "3:30 Bowling Special"... Shoes... a game of bowling... $9.99... but NO Snack! We asked if we could bring in outside food... and the answer again was... No! Nope! Not Even! So... we regrouped... talked amongst the moms... and by this time it was close to 3:30.
.
We decided to go for it! Even though we hated to give them any business whatsoever... we didn't want the girls to be disappointed! The moms agreed to buy their own snacks for their girls... and the troop would pay for shoes and bowling. We started the process all over again! Mrs. Petrina and Mrs. Jennifer went to the counter to pay... and the girls began getting their shoes and finding the perfect colored balls. Of course, the grumpy man placed us in the lane right in front of the counter. I am sure this was to make sure we didn't bring in any outside food. He also placed us right next to a senior bowling league! Wonderful!
.
I remember Lorielle sitting on the floor tying her shoes... the girls were excited... and as I looked up... I see a man storming towards the girls... telling them something awfully rude and unkind about staying out of their lanes... as they are in a league! I looked to my left and didn't see a single Brownie in their lanes... close... yes... but, definitely NOT in their lanes - or in their way! Mrs. Petrina instantly turned around and asked him very kindly not to speak to the girls like that... and if he had an issue... to please speak to her. Next thing I know... this very rude senior has a hold of Mrs. Petrina's arm... yelling 4-letter obscenities (imagine the worst!) at her... right in front of the girls! The bowling alley was dead silent as everyone watched! He wouldn't quit... and he wouldn't let go of her arm! I instantly told Lorielle to get her own shoes on... we were leaving! After several minutes (what seemed like forever!)... he finally let go... and walked away grumbling... as another gentleman from their group tried to apologize. We packed up the girls... Mrs. Petrina got the Troop's money back... and a free pass for bowling on another day... and we left!
Whew!
.
We stood outside in shock... wondering if what happened really did! We couldn't imagine. The girls were a bit shaken up... but, I think the moms were more so! More so upset... more so angry... that a rude man could speak like that to our innocent lil' girls... using such foul words! We couldn't wait to get on the phone with our husbands and we all just instantly did so!
.
After a few minutes to breath...
We decided we weren't going to let anyone ruin our afternoon!
And so... away we went to Chuck E. Cheese... to calm the nerves... enjoy some pizza... and have fun! Yes... like I have said... our Troop is the best!












Oh... and the next day at school... well... yes... everyone heard all about the bowling that just wasn't meant to be!

...

And, thank you Mrs. Petrina for giving us boring housewives and mommies... a lil' 3:30 excitement! I know... we don't get out often!

1 comments:

petrina1978 said...

You are too Funny....I love reading all your posts...