We registered Logan for "T-Ball" (a class to learn the basics) back in January. He has been SO VERY excited... and talked about "Team Ball" (as he calls it) just about every day. He told everyone he was going to play "Team Ball" in March! Of course, Mommy and Daddy were very excited, too. We have had to "protect" Logan for the past year and a half... so, this was a BIG EVENT in our house! Last night he went to bed even more so excited... and as parents... our hearts pitter-pattered with JOY... as we tucked him into bed! He had a grin from ear to ear! Sweet Dreams our lil' boy... sweet dreams!
I thought for sure his feet would hit the floor this morning before anyone else in the house. Not so! He was wide awake... but, wouldn't get out of bed. Daddy had to drag him out... and he was extremely grouchy! I thought maybe a lil' special touch from Mommy would help the situation... so, I pulled out his new Angel's Baseball t-shirt... certain that would put a sparkle back in his eyes. Not so! He ran and hid... and yelled he wasn't going to "Team Ball". Oh... our hearts sank. C'mon Buddy... you can do this... but, he didn't want any part of "Team Ball". He begged to stay home... go back to bed... anything... just no "Team Ball" today! We had all planned to take sister to school... but instead... I sent Daddy and Lorielle on their way... and tried to console my lil' man's heart. I thought maybe if he ate breakfast... he would feel better. Not so! He cried and cried... my heart cried with him. This wasn't Logan... and I knew that. But unfortunately, this is our "reality" right now... and I had to accept that as I quickly worked through my disappointment. The side effects from the medication flare at times we have no control of... and we just have to work through it. Days might not go as planned... and that just has to be okay for right now. After a few "pep talks" and a lot of love and hugs... I convinced him to "just try"... and if he didn't like it... we could come home. And, so he agreed...
pick up two and put them back in the bin!
I *think* he liked "Team Ball"... but, quite honestly... I am not sure. He didn't say much which is very unusual for our lil' man. We praised him for going and giving it his all. We are so very proud of him! I hope and pray next week will go better. It would just be so perfect if he could find a lil' something that he loves doing inspite of all that is going on in his lil' world.


0 comments:
Post a Comment