Our lil' man turns 4!
4 years old Logan! Where have the days gone? It truly seems like with just a blink of my eye... you were so itsy-bitsy... snuggled so softly in my arms for the very first time! I remember that very special day... and I always will! I was so very proud and excited to welcome a precious lil' boy into our world... into our hearts! And that joy and excitement fills my heart with each morning knowing what a precious gift we have been given!
My lil' Buck-A-Roo... how very much I love you... with all of my heart... my soul... my every being! God has truly blessed my life! How nervous I was when I learned a lil' boy was growing in my belly. I knew absolutely nothing about boys... and yet here I am today... quite the pro! And of course, I must add... I love every single second of it! Thomas The Train, Hot Wheels, dirt, bugs... and yes... even your funny lil' "potty talk"... I can't imagine my life without it... without you!
You are such a handsome lil' guy! Mommy's lil' cutie! Of course, you definitely have a stubborn streak (all from Daddy - no doubt!). Strong... oh yes... Daddy calls you his "tough lil' guy"! Uhm... strong-willed... yea... a "bit" of that, too! Oh... but what a big, big heart you carry in that lil' body! You are certainly Mommy's lil' sweet-heart! There isn't a day that goes by that you don't tell me how much you love me... at least 10 tens! You melt my heart... over and over... and over again! You love to snuggle with Mommy, too! Several times during the day... you will put playing on pause... and ask... "Mommy, do you need a snuggle bug?" Of course, I always do! Something I never thought I would share with a son... but, I love it! (I know... it won't last forever...)
Mr. Inquisitive... that you are! You are always "checking something out"... or asking a question! "Mommy, if I could fly in the clouds... would the sun burn me?" "Mommy, how does Jesus fit in my heart? Isn't he big like me?" "Mommy, if people don't have teeth... how do they eat?"
Oh Buddy... I love you so much! You fill my days with love and laughter... sunshine... and joy! I am so very proud to be your Mommy!
Of course, with each new day... your independence is also growing! "I can do it!" is something I hear often these days! "I don't need your help Mom!" You like to get dressed "all by myself!"... but, every now and then you get a bit tangled in your t-shirt... and even though you insist you don't need any of my assistance... you finally give in... and let me untangle you! Like a typical boy... you hate shopping... but, you definitely want to pick out your own clothes! Letting me know right away what shoes you want... or what swim trunks you don't!
Buddy that lil' face of yours just melts my heart! Those sparkling blue eyes... those cute lil' dimples in your cheeks that come out every now and then... and oh... that contagious smile! Even when you are in a heap of trouble... I can't help but laugh because you are just soooo cute! Your pearly whites... wow! Yes... you still love brushing your teeth... so much so... I have to keep the toothpaste out of reach! Although... you showed me a few days ago that all you have to do is use Sister's hairbrush as you stand on your step stool to knock it down!
You are quite the ham... wow, are you ever! I can't help but wonder what kindergarten might be like... a class clown possibly! But, you might just surprise us and be that quiet lil' guy that you can sometimes be! You love to "play tricks"... hiding from Mommy and Daddy seems to be your favorite. You had your daddy and I quite panicked one day... yikes! We looked and looked... hollered... and even threatened you would be in BIG trouble if you didn't come out... and yet... you didn't say a peep!
Your favorite colors are still orange and red! And... that means with everything! Your favorite toys... Thomas by far... but, Hot Wheels and Cars are following closely behind. You absolutely love riding your bike... and you are very hard to keep up with if I am walking (even running!). You have been known to cross the street on your bike by yourself getting into a lil' bit of trouble! In the backyard... if you aren't helping Daddy... we will find you riding your Scooter... or your Big Wheel (and just maybe getting into a bit of trouble because you crash into the patio... Mommy's flowers... and on occasion your sister!) Your favorite movies at the moment are "Cars"... and "Alvin and the Chipmunks" (with Simon, Theodore, and "Be-A-Dork" (Theodore). You still sleep with "McQueen Car" every night... and usually "Puppy"... but every once in awhile, "Puppy" gets set aside for someone new.
You haven't been all that excited about turning 4! You have told me repeatedly... that you want to "stay 'free' forever!". And after that is said... you will remind me that you don't have to go to school until you are 5! Then asking... "can I stay home with you forever Mommy?" I know Buddy... Mommy isn't in a hurry at all for that big ole' 5 to approach either... I want you to stay home with me forever, too!
If you are wearing a button shirt... every button must be buttoned... or else! Your cars must be lined up just right... and your train tracks just perfect! You insist on peeling off the paper of every crayon. You have an obsession with flying... which scares me every now and then! You want to be just like "Buzz Lightyear"... or an airplane in the sky! Yikes!
You are still quite the picky eater... I have learned that if I call any type of meat "Chicken"... I just might get you to take a few bites! Chick-Fil-A Chicken is by far your favorite. You might eat an occasional Peanut Butter and Grape Jelly Sandwich. You love cheese... yogurt sometimes... grapes, apples, and carrots... and delight in crackers and raisin bread! You are so not into "sauce" of any kind... no Ketchup, Ranch Dressing, or Honey Mustard! I can usually get you to eat cereal... if all else fails!
Oh Buddy... I love you so so much!
I am so very sorry that these past few years have been rough! I would do anything in the world my lil' man to heal you completely! I wish that I could take it all on for you... I would do it in a heartbeat! I am so sorry for all that you have had to go through... and I wish I could stop it all! It just breaks my heart to watch you suffer! Logan, I pray for you each and every day... over and over again... and I won't stop until you are completely healed!
Logan Robert you are my hero! You are so very brave... so very strong! I love you more than you will ever know!
Thank you Bud-Bud... for filling my heart... my life... with your color!
You definitely have your Daddy's hands... I see so much of him in you! And yet... I see me in you, too!
Such a lil' thinker you are! I often sit and watch you... pondering what you will share with me next. Sometimes I know exactly what you will say... and yet at other times I am completely surprised. I cherish those lil' moments and pray you will always share that lil' mind with me!
4 years old Logan... and a lifetime ahead of you! I can't wait to watch you grow...
I pray my lil' guy... that God's word always be your guide! May you follow Him as He directs your path!
A lil' brother you are... and a great one, too... well most of the time! Your sister loves you to pieces... and would do absolutely anything for you! I love to watch the two of you play... her... being a lil' bit like you... and you... being a lil' bit like her!
Know that I will always be here for you... to love and guide you... walk beside you... and support you! You are my son... always and forever! 



0 comments:
Post a Comment