First Day of 2nd Grade.........Last Day of 2nd Grade
My Lil' Miss Sweet Pea,
My... how quickly 2nd Grade flew by! It seems like it was only yesterday that we were standing in line at orientation... you - with an "upside down smile"... clinging to my side... wishing for "more summer". And yes... secretly, I was too... but, I just couldn't tell you! I remember your first day of 2nd grade like it was only this morning. I stood at your classroom door... watching you get settled in... picking your desk (of course, right next to your friends) as you chatted away and I dried my tears! I don't think your seating selection lasted more than a day or two... and I remember e-mailing Mrs. Woods to make sure all was okay when I heard you were moved. Silly Mom!
And so... the days of 2nd grade passed. Early mornings... up at 6:30... getting dressed, making your bed, and breakfast! A quick drive to school... talking... practicing spelling words or math (which you loved... not!) and kissing you good-bye as your teacher walked you into class at 7:45. Back at 2:25 to pick you up (praying there would be no scraped knees)... chatting on the way home... most days happy... some days grumpy... a treat stop now and then... otherwise a snack at home... and onto homework. Brownies on Mondays... play dates if homework was light... dinner, bath, a lil' television... and bedtime at 8:00. Of course, most days there were reminders about making sure you drank all of your milk at breakfast... and making sure you ate your sandwich and fruit before the treat at lunch!
And here we are... your very last day of 2nd grade! You have grown by leaps and bounds! Lorielle, you definitely worked hard this year! Mrs. Woods kept you quite busy. Oh... and homework... wow! Daily Reading and Summary Sentences in your Learning Log... Math... and lots of it... Spelling... Weekly Oral Presentations... Family Journals... throw in a project or two... whew! Let me just say... "Yay for summer!" I have truly enjoyed listening to you share each and every school day with me... or when you would smile with glee as you conquered a new concept... or hearing the excitement in your voice as you explained something new you had learned! Of course, I would be lying if I didn't tell you some days were tough... really tough! Tears were shed by both of us here and there. And yes, I will admit... I had to call Grandma a time or two for a lil' pep talk... and some "Mommy Advice". But 2nd grade has left us both with so many special memories... and that just makes this year absolutely perfect!
When I asked you what you liked the best... and what you would miss most about 2nd grade... of course, it was your teacher! You absolutely adore each and every one of them... every year! And Daddy and I are so thankful you have been blessed with the best! You dream is to be a teacher... and I know definitely... if that is what you want to do... you will be the best! Oh... and something I will never forget about 2nd Grade is that during the last few months... you decided you really didn't want to hold my hand when we were out and about. My heart was a lil' bruised the first time it happened... okay, the second and third time too! But I am hoping it is just a phase... (I know... wishful thinking on my part!).
And now... I will head to your school to pick you up on your very last day of 2nd grade! And without a doubt... that "upside down smile" will have returned to that pretty face of yours... and I wouldn't be surprised to see a tear or two fall from those beautiful eyes. And... as I give you a great big hug... filled with sooooo much love... congratulating you on passing 2nd grade... I too will have an "upside down smile" tucked away on the inside... because these precious lil' days... are passing by way too quickly!
Lorielle, I am so very blessed and thankful to be able to watch you learn and grow... and so very proud to be your Mom! I love you with all of my heart... with my every being!
xoxoxoxo
Now... let us celebrate SUMMER! Let each day pass by ever so slowly... let us enjoy every single second... and let us be refreshed and ready to move onto 3rd grade come August.
Thank you God... for all that you have given to us!
My... how quickly 2nd Grade flew by! It seems like it was only yesterday that we were standing in line at orientation... you - with an "upside down smile"... clinging to my side... wishing for "more summer". And yes... secretly, I was too... but, I just couldn't tell you! I remember your first day of 2nd grade like it was only this morning. I stood at your classroom door... watching you get settled in... picking your desk (of course, right next to your friends) as you chatted away and I dried my tears! I don't think your seating selection lasted more than a day or two... and I remember e-mailing Mrs. Woods to make sure all was okay when I heard you were moved. Silly Mom!
And so... the days of 2nd grade passed. Early mornings... up at 6:30... getting dressed, making your bed, and breakfast! A quick drive to school... talking... practicing spelling words or math (which you loved... not!) and kissing you good-bye as your teacher walked you into class at 7:45. Back at 2:25 to pick you up (praying there would be no scraped knees)... chatting on the way home... most days happy... some days grumpy... a treat stop now and then... otherwise a snack at home... and onto homework. Brownies on Mondays... play dates if homework was light... dinner, bath, a lil' television... and bedtime at 8:00. Of course, most days there were reminders about making sure you drank all of your milk at breakfast... and making sure you ate your sandwich and fruit before the treat at lunch!
And here we are... your very last day of 2nd grade! You have grown by leaps and bounds! Lorielle, you definitely worked hard this year! Mrs. Woods kept you quite busy. Oh... and homework... wow! Daily Reading and Summary Sentences in your Learning Log... Math... and lots of it... Spelling... Weekly Oral Presentations... Family Journals... throw in a project or two... whew! Let me just say... "Yay for summer!" I have truly enjoyed listening to you share each and every school day with me... or when you would smile with glee as you conquered a new concept... or hearing the excitement in your voice as you explained something new you had learned! Of course, I would be lying if I didn't tell you some days were tough... really tough! Tears were shed by both of us here and there. And yes, I will admit... I had to call Grandma a time or two for a lil' pep talk... and some "Mommy Advice". But 2nd grade has left us both with so many special memories... and that just makes this year absolutely perfect!
When I asked you what you liked the best... and what you would miss most about 2nd grade... of course, it was your teacher! You absolutely adore each and every one of them... every year! And Daddy and I are so thankful you have been blessed with the best! You dream is to be a teacher... and I know definitely... if that is what you want to do... you will be the best! Oh... and something I will never forget about 2nd Grade is that during the last few months... you decided you really didn't want to hold my hand when we were out and about. My heart was a lil' bruised the first time it happened... okay, the second and third time too! But I am hoping it is just a phase... (I know... wishful thinking on my part!).
And now... I will head to your school to pick you up on your very last day of 2nd grade! And without a doubt... that "upside down smile" will have returned to that pretty face of yours... and I wouldn't be surprised to see a tear or two fall from those beautiful eyes. And... as I give you a great big hug... filled with sooooo much love... congratulating you on passing 2nd grade... I too will have an "upside down smile" tucked away on the inside... because these precious lil' days... are passing by way too quickly!
Lorielle, I am so very blessed and thankful to be able to watch you learn and grow... and so very proud to be your Mom! I love you with all of my heart... with my every being!
xoxoxoxo
Now... let us celebrate SUMMER! Let each day pass by ever so slowly... let us enjoy every single second... and let us be refreshed and ready to move onto 3rd grade come August.
Thank you God... for all that you have given to us!
0 comments:
Post a Comment