Sunday, August 7, 2011

Good-Bye Disney Princess...

Hello Surfer Girl!








I am definitely not ready to admit it... nor say it "out loud"... but, our lil' girl is growing up! Of course, she will always be our Princess... but being in 3rd Grade... and almost 8 years old... she decided it was time for something new in her bedroom! She asked at the beginning of 2nd grade... and I told her I would think about it... and I did... just as I promised! It just took me a lil' bit longer to accept the fact that Cinderella wasn't her all time favorite any longer! This summer... I finally realized it was time. I had lots of ideas... but, Lorielle knew all along what she wanted... and there was no changing her mind! We saw this quilt online... ordered it (with a few others...haha!)... and she was definitely positive this was it! So... we returned the others... and headed to Home Depot to decide on paint. Of course, I was thinking one color... maybe two... Lorielle was thinking 4 colors! Yes, each wall a different color! And again... there was no changing her mind. I wasn't sure what to expect... but, I really like it... and of course, she LOVES it! We can't wait to begin decorating the walls!
...oh... and shhh... don't tell anyone... but, she is still drawn to Disney Princess items as we shop! See... she will always be a Princess at heart... and oh, how that makes my heart smile! She is still and always will be my lil' girl!

0 comments: