Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Kindergarten!

Logan…  My Buckaroo…  My lil’ Buddy! 
         
          Your big day is upon us…  my, oh my!  I can’t believe you will be starting kindergarten tomorrow.  I am not sure you do either!  This morning as we were talking, you begged me to “postpone it for 30 days!” …  so so cute!  Your big lingo…  and yet…  such a sweet innocent lil’ heart!  I love you lil’ guy…  and let me tell you…  I would love to postpone tomorrow for 30 days, too…  30 years for that matter!  But sadly, I know I can’t.  I know this is what is best for you…  and I hope and pray you are going to love every single minute of it!  And you will!   

          Today has been filled with many tears…  yours on the outside…  Mommy’s on the inside.  You tried to convince me every which way you knew how that you were still “little” and aren’t ready for school just yet.  You showed me that you didn’t know how to open the gate on the stairs anymore…  that you couldn’t dress yourself…  or eat by yourself…  and even that you couldn’t play with your “big boy” trucks anymore.  Oh buddy…  I wish you could stay “little” forever!  But, it is time to stretch those lil’ wings and fly – but…  just a bit!  I love you Logan…  and I am so very proud of you!  You are going to be just fine!  Yes, you will!   

          Having you by my side for the last five years have been absolutely precious!  I wouldn’t have it any other way.  You have been my shadow…  my buddy…  my helper…  my lil’ friend…  and the greatest snuggle-bug ever!  And, although you will be at school for a few hours each day now…  nothing is going to change that…  you will always be all of that to Mommy and much more!  Forever Logan…  you will!   

          KINDERGARTEN BUDDY!  You are off to KINDERGARTEN!  Aren’t you excited?  You are going to have SO much fun!  I am so excited to see you make new friends…  learn and grow each day…  and come home and share it all with me!  You are a smart lil’ guy…  and I know you are going to do great things!  You are already doing so well with writing your name…  singing your ABC’s and learning your letters…  counting to 30…  you’ve conquered your shapes and colors…  and so Logan…  you are ready…  ready to learn more…  grow more… and have fun doing it all!  YAY!  I love how you conquer something new…  You practice, practice, practice… work so hard at it…  and then often times we “let it go”…  and then one day out of the blue…  WHAM!  You’ve got it!  And, you always get so excited as you surprise me with what you have accomplished!  You are going to have many more of those surprises for Mommy!  Of course you will!   

          I can’t help but wonder what part of your lil’ personality will shine through in the days ahead…  The quiet, obedient little boy…  or the class clown that will find joy in making everyone around him laugh?  Will Mommy and Daddy be told we need to encourage you to talk more…  or will we get our first call from the Principal?  Logan just know we love you.  We always will!  

          Oh Buckaroo…  Mommy doesn’t want to “let go”.  I worry so!  I am praying, praying, praying… that God will watch over you and protect you always!  Keep him close to your heart lil’ man!  Remember to always listen to your teacher.  Be kind and friendly to everyone.  Of course, manners are a must!  Oh and please watch out for those moving swings!  And really, it is okay if you save the “dare-devil” stunts for home while Mommy and Daddy are by your side. Uhmm…  yes…  you will!    

           So, tomorrow is almost here Logan…  a new adventure about to begin.  Have fun bud-bud…  and enjoy!  Of course, I wish I could go with you…  and be your shadow now!  But just know my precious lil’ boy…  I will always be here for you…  through the good and not so good…  to help you learn and grow…  and to always love you with all of my heart!  I will Logan!  I will!

     And now you will go (but just for a bit)…  and have the best first day of kindergarten ever!  You will Logan!  You will! 

                                I love you!  Mommy


         

                                           

0 comments: