Quite happy to see this week come to an end... The 24 Hour Flu Bug hit our house the day after Thanksgiving. Our poor little girl... we have never seen her so sick... every 15 mins. for 13 hours. It has taken her almost the entire week to regain her strength and return to her normal eatting habits (which isn't much to begin with). Bob is working a TON of overtime... but this week, we actually had him home for two full days. One day was spent at a doctors appointment for Logan... minor, minor surgery coming up. The second day was picture day... our first "professional" family picture. My, oh my... what a day! I thought the biggest hurdle would be getting the 4 of us ready and out in the door on time and in one piece. That turned out to be the easiest part of the day. We had an appt. at JC Penney's at 10:20... and after waiting for 30 mins. they took us in... snap, snap, snap... and we were done. I knew in the pit of my stomach they didn't turn out... how could they? We were in and out of the session in under 10 mins. - but, Bob was convinced we would have a few good ones... so, we waited... waited... and waited some more. After at least an hour or so later, still no "proofs" to view... so, Bob went over to the computer and took a peek... and NO, they didn't turn out. We walked out... and called Sear's... and thankfully they took us in right away. I couldn't imagine another day spent on family pictures. So... it went something like this... "You sit here... and you sit there"... "Smile"... "Don't blink"... "Look at the camera"... "Sit still"... "Uh-Oh, don't pull sister's hair"... "Oh no, don't eat the ornament" ... "I know you are hungry, we are almost done" ... "Don't take out your headband quite yet" ... "Smile pretty!" ... "Look over here!" ... "Oh big guy, don't roll over" ... "Okay, roll over... we'll take it that way!" ... "Cross your feet" ... "Hold the book" ... "Look this way" ... "I know you don't want to hold the candy cane any longer, but please... just hold it for me for one more minute..." "Can we go for lunch now?" ... "How many more pictures do they have to take?" ... "Smile one more time" ... YIKES!!! It was definitely a 3 ring circus... with 4 photographers and one tired family... I think we finally have a few good Christmas pictures. Needless to say, I am not ready to tackle that project again for a looooong time!
Here are a few pictures taken this week...
Every night before Lorielle goes to bed... she tucks a few of her baby-dolls and animals into bed (usually the ones she has played with that day). When this first began, we would tuck her in... and a bit later I would go in her room to check on her... and would notice baby-dolls and animals out of their normal place - with a blanket on top of them. I then realized this was happening every night. Now when it gets close to bedtime, she will disappear for a few mins. on her own and tuck her "friends" into bed. Too cute!
Here is "Buddy Holiday" (on her desk) which she also left some water for...(and borrowed Mommy's pillow for him!)
...and Clarice on her nightstand.
Hanging out in the loft in our Christmas jammies. It won't be long before Logan is holding Lorielle!
"Mom, I think my "smiler" is broken... but, I will try one more time for yet another picture!"
"You said look at the camera, right?"
"Little Miss Muffet"... Lorielle is almost always in some type of dress-up clothes when we are home. Today I think she took her brother by surprise with her new outfit. "Uhm, do I know you?"
Oh my... anyone want to borrow this outfit for a Christmas Party?
"Oh mom... what a week!"
Sister finally feeling a bit better!
Look a little uncomfortable? When Logan isn't in his sleep sack... this is his favorite way to sleep. Except that is... when he gets stuck! (Which has happened on more than one occasion!)
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Oh... what a week!
From The Heart By
The Tweedy Family
at
11:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment