Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve 2007

Bob and I hosted Christmas Eve dinner at our house. It was a night of love, laughter, and precious memories! Of course, there is never a "dull" moment in our house... Lorielle was entertaining everyone... dancing, singing... and tripped (not on her dress, not on a toy, not on the carpet... just "tripped") ... and yes, barely... I mean JUST BARELY missed our coffee table. I truly believe God placed His hand there to protect her. She could have easily lost a few teeth and ended up with quite a few stitches! It was caught on video... and even after watching it a few times... I still want to cover my eyes. Scary moment... and quite embarrassing for her. Years from now as we show it to her husband though... I am sure we will all get quite a laugh. Our little performer always keeps us on our toes!


Growing up, my mom usually dressed my sister and I in matching clothes on special occasions. I have such special memories of Lori and I, sisters - best friends, dressed alike next to the Christmas Tree, with our Easter Baskets, or on a vacation. My mom kept a few of our special outfits and passed them onto me as keepsakes! This year, I surprised my parents with one of the dresses Lori and I wore... by dressing Lorielle in it. Special, special, special... and of course, Lorielle didn't want to take it off at the end of the night.






"Oh No Mommy! Not another picture next to the Christmas Tree... remember, I don't like this!"



Playing with Papa!
No, when Lorielle fell... she wasn't wearing the box on her head! And, after she fell... Mommy said NO MORE BOXES on your head... and no more dancing near the coffee table!




"Cheers Mommy!" ... Such a big girl!


"Grandma Switzer... you are really going to like that nightie that you are opening!"


Digital Photo Frame for Grandma and Grandpa... already to go with pictures of Lorielle and Logan!


Lorielle had a difficult time keeping quiet as we bought and wrapped gifts this year...
Riding in the car after her and Daddy had just gone shopping...
Lorielle: "Mommy, you are really going to like the pink slipper socks we bought you!"
Mommy: "What sweetie?"
Daddy: "Don't tell Mommy what we bought her!"
Lorielle: "I sure do like pink things, do you Mommy?"
.............................................................................................
Daddy placing new batteries in Mommy's clock in the kitchen...
Lorielle: "Oh... Daddy, I thought that was your Jimmie Johnson clock!"
.............................................................................................
Driving by Lowe's...
Lorielle: "Oh Daddy, do you have a Jimmie Johnson hat?"
Daddy: "No..............."
Lorielle: "Oh, well Mommy and I went shopping for you at Lowe's today!"
..............................................................................................
TOO CUTE!!! Our precious Lorielle!

0 comments: