Sunday, May 25, 2008

Skagway

Thursday... sadly... our very last day in an Alaskan Port. We arrived in Skagway at 6am and our excursion began at 8am. So, it was one more early morning for all of us. Today the weather in Skagway was COLD... and I don't mean "cold"... I mean FREEZING COLD! It was very windy... and the air cut right through our clothing - even wearing layers and a jacket and hat. In Skagway, Lorielle, Bob, and I took a 3 hour train ride - The White Pass Railway - which took us to the Canadian border. It was absolutely beautiful (like everything else in Alaska). Logan stayed on the ship with Grandma and Grandpa. After our train ride, we returned to the ship - planning to eat lunch and then walk into town... but, it was so cold... we decided to stay on board and take a nap (nap#2 for Logan and Grandpa!).
(Unfortunately, the pictures are completely out of order because I am downloading them from two different cameras and it is done numerically. Sorry!)



The United States - Canadian Border.



Our lil' snuggle bug... nap'n with Grandpa!





ZZZ'zzz... ZZZ'zzz... (Logan's favorite sleeping position!) Grandpa resting up for lunch at the buffet (of course, this is after breakfast - at the buffet!).





On our way into the Port of Skagway.




Grandma and Lorielle ready for dinner in the Alafai Dining Room.





Perfect picture of Grandma and her Sweetheart!





Mommy... and yes, her Sweetheart, too!



The four of us... Logan in a not so happy mood! "Oh... this place again... where I need to sit quietly and use my manners!"



Well now that Daddy took Logan out of his highchair... he is feeling quite a bit better!



Scenery during our train ride.












Our Train!






Yes, we did cross the bridge in the picture. If you look closely you will see a train just about ready to cross.





The Port of Skagway in the distance.


























Leaving Skagway.





Logan having some fun on the bed. Look at those teeth! Grandpa's nickname for him "Sharkey".





Funny lil' man!





Sunset - leaving Skagway.



Lorielle pretending she is on Dancing With The Stars and interviewing Grandma!





Posing for the camera!



And again...




And yes... one more time!




Daddy kick'n back... after dinner (no, not in the dining room)... but yes, back at the Horizon Buffet! Good grief! I think his all time record was 6... YES SIX... danishes for breakfast (not including all of the other stuff he ate)! I guess I don't need to mention who gained the most weight!





Sunset (which was close to 10pm). It felt like it was light all the time!





Mommy and Lorielle waiting for a show to begin after dinner!

0 comments: