Tuesday, February 10, 2009

9 Years...

9 Years of Commitment... 9 Years of Love... 9 Years of Laughter... 9 Years of Growing Together... a few struggles thrown in too... but, yes 9 Years of Marriage... to the BEST Husband in the world! Bob and I celebrated our 9th Anniversary on January 29th!

Bob had made SPECIAL plans for our anniversary... A trip to the coast... Carmel, San Luis Obispo... a top secret get away. He told me we were going to Apple Farm... but, he had really made reservations at a 5 star hotel in Carmel. We were to leave early Thursday morning and return Saturday night. But... that is not quite what happened!

Lorielle went to bed Sunday night not feeling well... sore throat... stuffy nose... and had a very restless night. We decided to keep her home from school. While checking on her early Monday morning... I peeked in on Logan and much to my surprise... he was hot... really hot! I took his temperature and it was close to 104! I immediately gave him some Tylenol... and it was back to normal within the hour. HHHmmm... called Bob at work and he was sure it was nothing... but, the "mommy" in me thought it wasn't going to be that "easy". Sure enough.... his fever went up and down all day... and when night time hit... it was sky rocketing once again and not responding to the Tylenol. We didn't sleep much Monday night... but, at least Lorielle seemed to be improving... so, that was good, right? Well, not quite! Tuesday morning Lorielle wakes up crying because her ear is hurting. By this time Logan isn't eating... and slowly cutting down on his liquid intake. Off to the doctors we went. We had two days to get our lil' kiddos better! Doctor prescribed a prescription for Lorielle - double ear infection (and much to our surprise we mixed her medication in Strawberry milk - not a SINGLE problem! YES!!!)... but, told us with Logan it was a "wait and treat" approach. Okay. Wednesday morning Lorielle is improving, but Logan wakes up with a croupy cough! OH NO... NOT AGAIN! Back to the doctor we head... another round of steroids to keep the inflammation down in his throat... and home we go. I hadn't packed anything... we were both tired and worn out... and I just didn't see us going anywhere. But, by Wednesday afternoon they both seemed to be doing better... so, my parents said to GO! Wednesday afternoon I ran out to pick up Logan's prescription and wouldn't you know it... he begins throwing up in the car... all over Grandma! I called Bob... told him there was no way I could leave Logan and we would have to postpone. Bob was very quiet on the other end... I had no idea the reservations he made could not be cancelled. He was so disappointed! Another long night... but, Thursday Lorielle went to school... and Logan was drinking again... not throwing up... so, we decided we would head to Apple Farm Friday.

The trip went nothing like we had hope or planned... we were both exhausted... and Logan wasn't feeling well with Grandma, so there was lots of worry. But, we shared two nice dinners... a drive through Paso Robles... a movie... and a little bit of window shopping. Definitely a memorable 9th anniversary... just not the "memorable" we were hoping for!


We took TWO pictures while we were gone... that is it!
Happy Anniversary Robert! I love you!
Here is to 9 more years... and many more after that!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you!!