I shared this months ago... but, thought I would do so again. "Infertility" is never far from my heart... and as I reflect upon our journey this week... it made me think of the words I shared some time ago.
It is rare that a day will pass by that my heart doesn’t reflect upon the road we traveled called “infertility”. Whether it be while looking into the eyes of our two - beautiful children… while chatting with a friend… or as my head hits the pillow at night… Infertility is never far from my heart. But, that is okay… I wouldn't have it any other way.
Our journey was long… heart wrenching at times… physically and emotionally exhausting… yet… amazing in so many ways… filled with life lessons along the way… and overflowing with so much love and faith. Through the heartache, the up’s and down’s known as the “infertility roller coaster”, the ongoing tests, exams and procedures, the medications, the injections, the fear of failure, the heartache and emptiness from loss… Bob and I were brought to a level in our marriage that we could have never experienced without infertility. It was during the “lowest of lows” that our relationship grew… that our faith was strengthened. I truly believe we have also become better parents because of all that it took to bring our two little ones into this world. And, because of that… I wouldn’t have it any other way.
We thought our family was complete with the birth of our precious little girl - Lorielle. A miracle… a gift from above… PRAISE GOD! At that time, I couldn’t have imagined opening the “infertility door” once again. God had answered our prayers, how could we ask for a second? But, with faith and courage… we found ourselves on the road of infertility once again. A miscarriage, a failed cycle, and the loss of two little ones with Logan’s pregnancy… we were blessed once again with our precious little guy – Logan. PRAISE GOD! I can’t tell you the countless days I would pray away our infertility… but I can honestly say… I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Starting a family is “easy” for some… and for some it comes without even a thought… but, for others… it is much different… I will never forget the day that Bob and I were told we were “infertile”. It changed me… it changed Bob… it changed our lives - forever! Unfortunately, many travel the path of infertility… and although each journey is different… we all share a common thread… and for that, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
God has a plan for all of our lives… and we must trust in Him to see us through. Little did I know His plan for my life would include such compassion and love for those that have been affected by infertility. I have met special people along the way, shared heartache and joy with not only friends – but also - “strangers”… and have been blessed with one very treasured friendship all from infertility. I believe that my pain is kept “fresh” so that our journey will never be far from my heart and that God can use me in some way to help others who travel this long and difficult journey. And, for that… I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I am always here for anyone… to listen… to share… to pray with… Infertility provokes a range of extreme emotions and heart-wrenching questions and I do understand and always will!
Today I ask that you remember and pray for all who are on a journey they didn’t choose to be on… one that they didn’t ask to be “judged” for… and one that will change their lives forever. Our home has been filled with the love of two little ones, but I will always remember that not everyone’s journey ends as ours has.
This song was shared with me… listen to it… it says it all! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqfGqOx2iDQ
God Bless and With Love,
Lisa
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Reflections
From The Heart By
The Tweedy Family
at
4:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment