Thursday, April 2, 2009

Comments Of The Day

Lorielle:

Lorielle was visiting Grandma after school and helping her make dinner. When they finished cooking, the trash needed to be emptied. So my mom carried the trash bag outside and Lorielle's "duty" was to put a new trash bag in and put the trash can away. Lorielle did just that... but, then my mom noticed her smelling the trash can... I mean really smelling the trash can! Lorielle looked up at my mom with a very strange look on her face. "Grandma, I can smell Grandma Switzer!" ... My mom: "You can?" ... "Yes Grandma, it smells like she is right here with us! I can smell her in the trash can!" ... And sure enough... Lorielle was right... the trash bag she had used came from an unused box my Grandma had in her apartment. Too funny... smelling Grandma Switzer in the trash can!

Logan:

We were sitting on the sofa at night watching television. A Lexus SUV commercial came on... it showed a silver Lexus... with a very cute, curly red-headed, little girl talking about the car. Logan was enthralled... and I assumed it was because of the little girl.

Mommy: "Isn't she cute bud-bud?"
Logan: "The CAR!" (with total and complete emphasis on CAR!)

Silly Mommy! Of course, he was looking at the car... what was I thinking?

1 comments:

Kelly said...

That is so so funny about the trash can! We just cleaned out my great Aunt's house and I had a bag of her old clothes in my van to take to Good Will. Funny thing, our van still smells like my Lala (my great aunt)!!

Give Logan a few more years and it WILL be the girl he is looking at. Joey has a think for the billboards at Victoria's Secret! :)