~Happy "36th" Birthday My Sweet Sister My Forever Best Friend~
How I miss you each and every day!


Homesick
MercyMe
You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times.
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I am broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you
*
I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I am out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now
*
Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why I wonder if I'll ever know
But, even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here so far away from home
*
I close my eyes and I see your face...
*
In Christ there are no goodbyes
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
To see you again
*
And I close my eyes and I see your face...
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Please, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Cause I've never been more homesick than now
*
************************
Sissy's Song
Alan Jackson
Why did she have to go
So young I just don't know why
Things happen half the time
Without reason without ryhme
Lovely, sweet young woman
Daughter, wife, and "sister"
Makes no sense to me
I just have to believe
*
She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me.
*
Loved ones she left behind
Just trying to survive
And understand the why
Feeling so lost inside
Anger shot straight at God
Then asking for His love
Empty with disbelief
Just hoping that maybe
*
She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels...
*
*
Its hard to say good-bye
Her picture in my mind
We'll always be of times I'll cherish
And I won't cry cause
*
She flew up to the Heaven on the wings of angels...
*
Don't worry 'bout me.
Don't worry 'bout me.
Don't worry 'bout me.
Don't worry 'bout me.


3 comments:
What a beautiful tribute to your sister. I know she is watching over her sweet niece and nephew and loving them dearly!
I am so sorry for your loss. Some things just never get easier, no matter how much time has passed. That song by Alan Jackson always makes me cry! So heartbreaking.
You know, I was looking through pictures of you guys at Grandmas about a month or so ago. Your guy's hair back then was classic. I love and miss your sister as well.
xo Love, Dani
Post a Comment