Friday, January 11, 2008

Carseat Safety

5 Point Harness vs. Booster Seat

Our lil'-big guy is now ready for a "big boy" carseat. Bob and I found ourselves at Babies R Us last night - going back and forth on whether to pass Lorielle's Britax Marathon - (with a 5 Point Harness - anchored to the car) onto Logan... and put Lorielle in a booster seat (which uses our car seatbelt - and is not anchored) or to buy a second Britax Marathon. NOT IN ANYWAY is money more important than the safety of our precious ones - but we also try to be good stewards of our money ($69 vs. $269). I tend to "freak" when it comes to autos and safety - I have always had a fear of auto accidents with my little ones. We have visited the CHP numerous times to have our carseats checked. Unfortunately the CHP was not available yesterday. I did ponder on whether Lorielle might be safer in a booster seat - because at our last visit to the CHP (when installing Logan's babyseat), he stated that Logan's base of his carseat needed a little room to move with the flow - but that to make sure it was strapped in a secure matter. But, in the end we felt the 5 Point Harness would be safer for both of them. So, we bought a second Britax Marathon. I might add, Babies R Us took TWO coupons that I had which gave us a 25% discount - YAY! So, this morning before Bob installed the new carseat, I thought I would do a little more research on the net... and the FIRST site that I came across led me to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azgBhZfcqaQ

I thought it was worth sharing (I might add - there are several other links to other stories with the same outcome!).

Of course, I will still speak to the CHP... but, I think we have our answer!
And of course, now I really don't want to put my kiddos in the car to go anywhere... but, that will be another post! :)

0 comments: