Our family is in need of prayer once again. Lorielle woke this morning with severe pain in her left side. She has complained of an occasional side ache before - we discussed it with her doctor - and he didn't seem to think it was a concern. But, this morning was definitely different. Her doctor was "triple booked" today, so my parents and I took her to an urgent care recommended by her doctors office. The doctor ran a urinalysis, and it showed an ever so slight urinary tract infection (which they have prescribed antibotics). However, what alarmed the doctor is that the test revealed Bilirubin in her urine - which is not normal. The doctor immediately did a series of labs that will come back within the next 48 hrs. The doctor mentioned that it could possibly be her spleen, liver, and a few other possiblities - which I don't remember (by this time I was in a state of panic and was trying to keep myself grounded). She asked me a series of questions - any immunue issues in our family - and then asked if I had noticed any bumps or lumps - and checked Lorielle's glands and lymph nodes - which of course, really made my heart pound. We have been told it could be a number of possiblities - and quite possibly - nothing, but the lab results will head us in the right direction. Whether the pain in her side is related to the Bilirubin in her urine, we do not know. Lorielle is doing much better now - you wouldn't even know the ordeal we've been through today. She is dancing and singing for her brother and he just loves all of her entertainment. I am scared to death and I can't imagine WAITING 48 hours. for the results. I just ask that you pray for our precious Lorielle and for Bob and I. Thank You! Bob and Lisa
Monday, January 7, 2008
Prayer for Lorielle
Our family is in need of prayer once again. Lorielle woke this morning with severe pain in her left side. She has complained of an occasional side ache before - we discussed it with her doctor - and he didn't seem to think it was a concern. But, this morning was definitely different. Her doctor was "triple booked" today, so my parents and I took her to an urgent care recommended by her doctors office. The doctor ran a urinalysis, and it showed an ever so slight urinary tract infection (which they have prescribed antibotics). However, what alarmed the doctor is that the test revealed Bilirubin in her urine - which is not normal. The doctor immediately did a series of labs that will come back within the next 48 hrs. The doctor mentioned that it could possibly be her spleen, liver, and a few other possiblities - which I don't remember (by this time I was in a state of panic and was trying to keep myself grounded). She asked me a series of questions - any immunue issues in our family - and then asked if I had noticed any bumps or lumps - and checked Lorielle's glands and lymph nodes - which of course, really made my heart pound. We have been told it could be a number of possiblities - and quite possibly - nothing, but the lab results will head us in the right direction. Whether the pain in her side is related to the Bilirubin in her urine, we do not know. Lorielle is doing much better now - you wouldn't even know the ordeal we've been through today. She is dancing and singing for her brother and he just loves all of her entertainment. I am scared to death and I can't imagine WAITING 48 hours. for the results. I just ask that you pray for our precious Lorielle and for Bob and I. Thank You! Bob and Lisa
From The Heart By
The Tweedy Family
at
6:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment