Busy week in the Tweedy "nest"... I decided our home was in need of major "spring" cleaning... yikes! What a job... with two little ones... it took 4 days! It was one occasion that Daddy couldn't have been happier to be at work. I went through closets, drawers, cleaned blinds, baseboards... you name it! Happy to say it is done! YAY!!! Of course, I like to keep a clean house anyway... but, with being on bedrest for 9 months... and then having a baby... it had been awhile since I could take complete charge and do it ALL MY WAY! But yes... I am very grateful for Daddy's help during the last year and a half!
On Tuesday, we spent the day in Big Bear. Our favorite sledding spot didn't have but little patches of snow... so, we found a tubing park - paid $22 and Daddy and Lorielle tubed their hearts out! Logan and I watched from the sidelines... and then went back to the car for awhile to stay warm. It was a fun day! Lorielle was a bit disappointed that we couldn't build "Frosty" though... maybe next time!
On Wednesday, Logan had his first post-op appointment. He is doing good... but, will need a bit of follow-up care... so, another appointment in 6 weeks. Since we were close to Disneyland... we decided to spend the rest of the day having fun in Fantasyland! But boy... with the wind... was it EVER COLD (it felt colder than Big Bear)! By 6pm, we all had icicles hanging from our noses... so, we decided to head out. But, we were still able to ride The Rockets, Buzz Lightyear, The Monorail, Dumbo, Casey's Train, Snow White, Alice In Wonderland, Pinocchio, and Lorielle and I went on the Matterhorn. Disneyland has added an extra "attraction"... have you seen them? The mice from Cinderella's story ... or maybe it was the Rescuers... seem to have found a nice place to live! While standing in line for Mr. Toad's Ride (during our last visit), they were living in the light post and would scurry through peoples feet while in line. This time, Lorielle, Logan, and I found a nice warm table inside while Daddy was getting our dinner... and sure enough one ran out from underneath the bench we were seated at. Bob seems to think at Disneyland they are a "protected species". Lorielle seems to think she saw Gus and Jaq... and Bernard and Miss Bianca.
Thursday was another busy day running errands... but, Friday - Logan, Lorielle, and I spent a nice quiet day at home. Today we had a garage sale from all of Mommy's "spring" cleaning! And, with Daddy's pockets a little bit heavier... he was happy to say I did a great job! :)
Logan taking a nap... of course, with his favorite ball!
Lorielle playing with her "pink house" (as she calls it).
They wouldn't let Logan and I any closer to take pictures...
Daddy and Lorielle way up on top of the slope!
Lorielle: "Mom... did you see me?"
Lorielle: "Hi Mom! We are going again, okay?"
Logan being silly in his stroller.
Cute little pink nose!
What would the ride home from Big Bear be like without a little ham'n around?
Lorielle sleeping with her Cinderella lunchbox on her head!
Mommy said: "Hmmm... a little grumpy maybe?"
Lorielle said: "Oh wait Mom, it was just the bright sun!"
Mommy said: "Ohhhhhh!"
Mommy then said quietly: "I don't think so!"
Logan trying a taste of apple.
Sleeping at Disneyland... Dreaming of Goofy, Pluto, Donald Duck... and OH, THOSE MICE!
Flying High on Dumbo!
Lorielle scrubbed in the tub and ready for bed!
Logan - up next!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Oh, What A Busy Week!
From The Heart By
The Tweedy Family
at
5:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment