Dear Family and Friends,
As many of you know, we've been through several difficult years with Elisabeth. She is currently a ward of the State, living in a foster care home/facility. As per her request, we have not had any contact with her since she left our home in August 2007.
We knew the financial aspect of all of this was to come, but after not receiving anything in October, November, and then into December... we thought "just maybe..." Unfortunately, we received a letter yesterday advising us that Bob would be served with a petition to order support in the next two weeks. Although, it was "expected", I don't think we could have "fully" prepared ourselves for what was to come. The amount of monthly support they have ordered is RIDICULOUS and an amount we cannot afford with even a second income.
Bob has been on the telephone this morning researching our options and I assume our first step will be to meet with an attorney. We have 30 days to respond. There may be nothing we can do, but at this point we do not know. The Court Facilitator advised Bob that he can petition to have his rights permanently terminated, but those requests are rarely granted. We will also research as to whether the amount they are requesting is "fair and just" based on our income and our two other children.
Although the financial strain will be great and our lives will definitely be changed; our family's safety and well-being is absolutely PRICELESS! Of course, my heart is saddened to know that Lorielle and Logan will have less time with their Daddy, but we will learn to make every second absolutely precious. And really, isn't that how we should live our lives on a daily basis anyway? As I sit here and type this e-mail, I am watching Lorielle and Logan play so lovingly together - happy - secure - content - free from chaos and without the fear of being harmed... I am given a peace I cannot explain. Knowing that Bob and I can tuck our children into bed at night - in their own rooms - without setting alarms and one of us remaining awake while the other one sleeps... I can accept whatever our future may hold. To be able to live and go about our daily routines just like any other family is something we no longer take for granted, but have become so very grateful for. So, with that being said, how can we question what we are now faced with?
We will move forward - as a family - united as one - and we will allow God to work in us according to His great plan for our lives. I am sure we have lessons to learn and patience to gain. But, we will trust Him completely and know He will see us through whatever lies ahead.
Please pray for His guidance, His strength, and His protection for our family. We are confident that God will guide us through this storm, and although it may difficult... we know we are never alone as He is with us always.
Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts! ~~Lisa and Bob~~
Thursday, February 28, 2008
~Prayer For Our Family~
From The Heart By
The Tweedy Family
at
10:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment