Monday, June 30, 2008

...~~~Laughlin~~~...

Lorielle is home... and of course, had a very special time with Grandma and Grandpa! She had an absolute blast... and honestly, I don't think she was in the least bit homesick. Ouch! Although, I think she was very happy to see us.

Her days were filled with fun... up early and on the water by 6am. She has always loved the wave-runners... but this year wanted to spend more time on them than on the beach. They headed back to the hotel sometime around 11am... lunch... nap... dinner at the buffet... and then later in the evening... ice cream! Of course, plenty of cuddles with Grandma. Lorielle convinced Grandma to sleep in her bed... with her baby-doll and her kitty! Grandma thought there might not be enough room, but little does she know that Lorielle sleeps in a twin bed with her baby doll, kitty, and a 4 ft. bunny! She can't wait to go again! It warms my heart to know that she is finally at an age that she is making memories that she can carry with her for a lifetime.

Bob, Logan, and I drove to Laughlin Friday night. A very mini weekend get away... but, fun! Saturday Bob, Lorielle, and I headed to the lake in the early morning... and Lorielle stayed on the water with us until 11am... and then headed back to the hotel. Bob and I spent a few hours alone zipp'n around on the water... which was nice and relaxing.

Poor Logan isn't quite ready for the wave-runners. Well, he is... but, Mommy is not. Bob and I entertained the thought for a moment... but, maybe when the lake isn't so busy. Next year buddy... definitely next year for sure! Logan's least favorite place to be is in the car... so, as you can imagine... our drive was... well... let's just say "interesting". But, he learned a few new words... so, we will remember that instead of the flying binkies and sippy cups, and the constant reminder of how unhappy he was to be "locked" in his carseat.

We all wished we could stay longer when we drove home on Sunday... but, like we told Lorielle "soon... yes, we will go again... soon!" Lorielle is definitely quite the little traveler... and is ready to be on the road again. In just a few short weeks, Bob will have one more week of vacation before Lorielle begins school (oh no, not that subject again!)... and we plan to head to the beach... Pismo maybe... but, definitely a place with water, sun, and memories to be made.

Sorry no pictures this time. I took my camera, but it never came out of my suitcase. Too busy, I guess... but, promise... next time!

0 comments: