Remembering Grandma!
A few pictures from Grandma's Memorial Service ~
A Celebration of Her Life!
Photo boards we made that rested one easels in the back of the chapel.

I love these old photographs... Aunt Darlene, Grandma, and Grandpa.
Pink Roses... Grandma's favorite!
Cambria and Carlie Jones... (Cambria led the music during the Memorial... aaahhhh.... what a beautiful voice!)
Grandma's only surviving sibling ~ Lyle (She was the oldest of 4 brothers).
One of Grandma's very close and dear friends ~ Randall.
Aunt Delores and Uncle Lyle (Aunt Darlene & Mom)
Mom... and the Mischief Makers (as we have been called).
Cindy and I shared a few of our favorite memories of Grandma at the Memorial.
Cindy had made a pumpkin pie from scratch during Grandma's last visit to Oregon. She forgot to add the sugar... and just knew something wasn't right when she saw the expression on Grandma's face... but, Grandma instantly knew what to do... she sprinkled sugar on each piece and made it just right!
~~~During one of Cindy's summer visits to California (along with her brother Clint) Grandma and Grandpa decided to clean out Grandpa's tie closet. He literally had 100's of ties. He took them out to the trash bin at their condo. A little while later, Clint jumped in the trash bin and took out the boxes for us. We decided to try and sell them in Grandma's front yard. When that didn't work, we tied them on car doors, front doors, in trees, and finally... tied ourselves up with them. Of course we were attracting the attention of every single person that drove or walked by... something Grandpa was not pleased with! I think this was the only time I got in trouble by my Grandpa... and although we all know Grandma thought it was funny... she had to go along with Grandpa and act upset with us, too! We sure did have fun... so, I guess it was worth the trouble we all got into to!
~~~
Cindy spent almost every single summer in California when we were younger. Grandma often either picked her up... or drove her home... and I would often go along. On a trip back to Oregon we had been driving for hours... and Grandma NEVER let us eat or drink in her car. But this one time, she gave us permission to have a soda. But she said "WHATEVER YOU DO.... DO NOT SPILL!" ... Before we even left the gas station, Cindy said something funny to me... and next thing I knew I had soda coming out of my nose. No, Grandma wasn't pleased with me... but, who couldn't laugh?
~~~
Grandma was always in the kitchen... she loved to play hostess! I always liked to help her... and one afternoon she was making something chocolate (probably a cake). Her telephone rang... she told me not to touch the mixer... and went to answer it. I picked up the mixer, and held up the beaters toward the ceiling and flipped the switch on. Yes, Grandma had chocolate all over her cupboards and ceiling. But, she didn't get upset with me... (although, I think she asked mom to clean it up!).
~~~
I can remember never liking vegetables... and when Grandma was over for dinner... she would wait for mom (and dad) to turn their heads... and she would clean them off my plate for me.
Grandma made the best Grasshopper Pie... and it is something I will continue to make for my family. Of course, not as good as she did... it was absolutely delicious!
~~~
As Bob and I struggled to have children... I always prayed that no matter what... Grandma would be here to meet my little ones. And, that she did. She loved them to pieces! During her last days... she wasn't talking... hadn't opened her eyes... and didn't know who anyone was. My mom went to visit her... and again... no response. But then my mom mentioned Lorielle as she was talking to Grandma... and Grandma perked up... opened her eyes, and smiled! Even the lady in the bed next to Grandma noticed and said "She must be someone special!"... And, that is something that I will treasure... and a memory I will place in Lorielle's heart to carry for the rest of her life.
~~~
I love you Grandma! You were the BEST!
1 comments:
Oh Lisa, I am so sorry to hear that your Grandma passed away, but what a blessing to live such a long life filled with a loving family. This BLOG is a beautiful tribute to her. I hope all of you are doing well. Today is the 2 year anniversary since my Grandad Joe passed away, but you know those memories still burn bright in my heart, as will yours... of course you already know that. Sending love and prayers to your family!!
Post a Comment