Saturday, August 1, 2009

The "Bag"

24 Hours
Not a single diaper
No shorts or PJ's
Questions galore
Funny conversations
A few close calls
Many tears
Little sleep
1 very cute bare bottom
and...

The "Bag"...15 as a matter of fact!



We did it! Praise God! I was bound and determined not to have to take my little man for a 24 hour catheter... so, the "U-Bag Pediatric Urine Collection Bag" it was! Bob and I spent Thursday morning driving to 6 different places trying to collect enough for a 24 hr. period. Quest Labs only provided us with a big orange bottle that was half Logan's size. I was scared I couldn't do it on my own with Bob working a double... but, with a little (well... a lot) of help from Grandma and Grandpa... and an ongoing conversation with God (more like begging and pleading!)... we conquered this hurdle! It took two... and sometimes three of us to accomplish the task... and I can't tell you how many times he screamed "don't touch it... don't touch it 'more' " (meaning anymore)... but knowing what the other option was... I had to. Sorry Buddy! My poor lil' guy is so sore today from the adhesive... and during diaper changes he tells me "no bag"... but, all in all... he is back to being a typical little boy today!

And now we wait not so patiently for the results. Urgh!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness, poor little guy! That picture is seriously cute though!! Glad he was able to avoid the catheder!