Can you guess?
Yes... Lorielle's FIRST slumber party! OH MY!
Daddy and I thought we had "years" before we would even consider the possibility of allowing Lorielle to spend the night at a friend's house... yet... here we are!
Of course, as I nervously placed the invitation on our fridge to "consider" this "big event" in our lil' girl's life... my heart pitter-pattered with joy and excitement for her! I wasn't sure whether Daddy would give his consent... but, as I cooked dinner that night... and glanced at the cute cupcake invitation now and then... my thoughts took me back in time. For wasn't it just a few months ago... well, six to be exact... that my heart was broken for my daughter? Remember... "Change" ... and yet here we are... and my, how life has truly changed! Our prayers have been answered in ways I never expected. Not only did the Lord place TWO very special little girls in Lorielle's life... who also made the move to the new school.... He placed her in an AWESOME Daisy Troop... with 6 very kind-hearted girls... and He provided Mommy (and Daddy!)... with new friends, too! Definitely no more "mama drama" here!
As you can see... Daddy's answer was "YES"... and we couldn't have been happier for Lorielle! To be able to experience her first slumber party... with one of her BFF's... and to celebrate Allison's 7th Birthday... was an answer to many, many prayers!
Lorielle is NOT a nap-taker... but, as we sat at the kitchen table to work on her "Star of The Week" poster she put her head down... and next thing I knew she was sound asleep. I carried her upstairs... and covered her up on the sofa. Too cute!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness what fun!! How cute! This is the first of many to come, I am sure!! So happy for her and her new great friends! :)
That is too cute! This gives me some reassurance, as I have been "worrying" lately about the day when Brooke will be invited to a sleepover. It's hard to let go! And...I am laughing because the napping picture sure brings back memories!
Post a Comment