Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Boy He Is...

Wanted: An explanation as to what happens to lil' boys at say uhmmm... the age of 22-23 months... ... .... anyone?

Logan has always been "BOY"... but, in the last several weeks we have noticed a definite change. I don't recall being given an "instruction manual" or a "warning label" when I left the hospital... but definitely think boys should have one! Especially for Mommy's who were blessed with lil' girls first!

Our lil' man has become quite the dare devil... and is keeping Mommy and Daddy on the edge of their seats 24/7! We barely "child proofed" our home with Lorielle... and when I say "barely"... I truly mean hardly at all! We removed a glass coffee table... added a gate at the top of the stairs... and put a latch on our corning-ware cupboard... and covered all the plugs. With Logan... well, I think the only way possible to child proof completely would be to remove ALL the furniture and belongings from our home. And even then... I am positive he could still find trouble! I am not quite sure I am prepared for this... help!


Yes I know... he looks so darn cute in these pictures... almost "innocent", right? Take a closer look... notice his Cars bucket isn't perfectly round? Notice the dents on McQueen? Yes... our lil' man thought it was quite fun to run over it with his ride on car!





"No worries Mom ... when we can't go to the park... I'll make my own playground in the loft! The chair makes a great slide!"




This lil' car gets our lil' guy into lots of trouble! Who could have imagined how versatile this car can be... right side up... upside down... a car, a step stool, a steamroller, demolition... you name it... it does it all! Mommy is thinking it may be time to find a new home for this car. (Anyone want it?)
Testing the wheels for speed!
Just a minor tune-up and it will go even faster... and crash much better!


"Oops!"
Mommy turned her back to get his towel... and over he went... yes, clothes and all!

"Ouch!"
Logan took a "minor" spill in his bedroom (not so minor to Mommy!). This one definitely hurt... and we had blood! Thank goodness Mommy was sitting right there. Of course, just in time for his two year pictures!

***
Sorry... I wasn't able to capture all of his "activities" with my camera. He fell off of sister's bed this afternoon and re-injured his eye... and now has a bruise on his forehead as well. Oh... and the back flip off the sofa arm... missed that one, too! The "nick" he took out of our bedroom furniture with his car... well, I would rather not see a close-up picture of that! The picture frame he knocked over on the shelf... he quickly set it back up before Mommy knew what happened! Oh boy... yes... this is our BOY! (And of course, we love him to pieces!)
***


Oh wait... maybe just maybe (please, oh yes please!) it is the Lightning McQueen shoes from Grandma and Grandpa. They must have given him a lil' extra "speed". Do you think? Oh how I wish it was just the shoes!


We love you Buddy... with all of our hearts... (even though you keep them pounding just a bit too fast for our comfort!).

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I just have to laugh because he and Andrew are twins!!! My little guy does all the same stuff-so scary! Brooke never got hurt or got in to anything, and here Andrew has already had stitches! The joys of boys! Logan is so adorable, it's hard to get too mad, huh? The boys have the same cars crocs, but now I will have to look for those sandals! Too cool!

Kelly said...

Welcome to my world.... times it by 2!! :) I think I need a little girl to even it out, right? Logan is so cute! And his 2 year pics will be great with the eye injury and all. Professional pictures of boys just are right unless there are cuts and bruises involved! :)