Sunday, May 31, 2009

!! TWO !!

Logan,

My lil’ boy… today you are TWO! Happy Birthday my precious lil‘ one!

Two years ago today at 1:21 p.m. we welcomed our precious lil’ boy… our son… a little brother… into this world. I will remember that day… that moment… for the rest of my life. A miracle… our miracle… you! Daddy placed you in my arms… and your tiny being melted my heart ~ forever! My handsome lil’ man… I kissed your precious lil’ head… counted your 10 little fingers and 10 little toes… and felt my heart pitter-patter as I looked into your eyes. My life was changed in that very instant… I had a son!

You are my little boy… in every sense of the word! How much I love you! Lil’ Bud-Bud… you have completed my heart! To this very day… I am amazed that I have a son… and that I am your Mommy! I knew absolutely nothing about lil‘ boys before you were born. I couldn’t imagine anything more than ribbons and bows… dresses and dolls… and yet here I am today… my floor scattered with cars… trains… and a rambunctious little boy running about… and I am loving every single second of it. I couldn’t imagine my life without you Logan.

My… how much you have grown in the last year! Talking… walking… so very independent… and yet, so very dependent on Mommy! You have such the personality… my lil’ ham. You make Mommy laugh every single day. We have so much fun together… and every single moment I spend with you is a priceless treasure! You have become quite the little dare-devil… you make Mommy’s heart pound just a wee too fast at times. Jumping as high as you can… and then landing on your knees! And, as if that wasn’t enough… trying it off the step-stool. Oh Buddy! I can definitely say we have had some “close calls”…. lets just keep it that way… no stitches or broken bones… please! You definitely have a stubborn streak (hhmm… does that come from Mommy or Daddy? We’ll say Daddy!)… and when you make up your mind… there is no changing your direction! Yet, you are such a love-bug… and have such good manners! Please and thank-you… your welcome… and even excuse me!

You definitely have your likes when it comes to food… Oatmeal, Cheerios, Breakfast Bars, Waffles, PB & J Sandwiches, Chicken, Ham, Cheese, Apples, Watermelon, Ritz Crackers, “Sauce” (applesauce), and “Eber” (a name you invented for Yogurt)… oh and of course… the “good stuff” like ice-cream and cookies. And, unlike your sister… “little bites” and “chewing” isn’t in your vocabulary! Just the other day, we were off to run errands and I had given you 6 Ritz crackers. By the time we hit the corner, they were all in your mouth… and as you talked you were blowing out cracker “crumbs” at Mommy. Definitely a sight to see. You have been known to help your self to something you might like in the trash can… and when you see Mommy have a heart-attack when you are caught… you look at me like I am one cRaZy Mommy! Bud-Bud… it is the trash can! And if the pantry door is open… I might find you checking out the snacks on the shelves… or even sneaking a few cookies!

You love your sister to pieces… “Sister Sue’ or “E-Elle” as you call her… and you can’t wait to pick her up from school. You have become her lil‘ “shadow”… although, I think she might use the term “copy-cat”. Most of the time these days it is all about “rough and tumble” with your sister… and she hasn’t quite gotten used to the fact that her little brother can take her down in a second! But one day Buddy, I know that will come in handy as you will be her protector! As I watch the two of you play together… snuggle… and the love you two share… my heart jumps for joy. For there is never a day that I forgot the gifts God has blessed me with!

You are all about cars! Disney’s Cars and Lightning McQueen is your all time favorite! You know the names of almost every character in the movie! Tow-Mater, Sally, Doc, Red, The King, Chick, Fillmore, The Sheriff, Luigi… you even remind Mommy when she forgets. Even though you aren’t suppose to touch the DVD player… you often bring Mommy the remote… and I find Cars in the DVD player… all ready to go! You love to see your cars crash… well, you love to have anything “crash”… you included! Close second is Thomas The Train. Of course you love airplanes and helicopters, too! You always point them out in the sky.

You are Mommy’s alarm clock each morning. Regardless of how late you stay up… you begin to stir at 6am. The first word I always hear you say is “Mommy” or “Mama”. When I walk into your room… you are usually wearing one of your hats that you have pulled off the hook! You are just too cute! On most days… you won’t have anything to do with anyone else until Mommy has come in and taken you out of your crib. Then you are ready to start your day. You love to snuggle… and you will come to Mommy several times throughout the day and say “snuggle Mommy”. Oh how I love to hear those words! Of course, we snuggle every night before bed, too! As we snuggle… we say our prayers… sing… count… and you will make lots of animal sounds and have Mommy guess what they are. When we say our prayers you clench your lil’ hands so tight… and squeeze those eyes shut… and there they stay until Mommy says “Amen”… and then you do, too. Your two favorite songs are “Mr. Sun”… and “Lullaby”… and when Mommy starts one… you will always ask for the other… and of course, when I stop and begin to sing the other one… you will ask for the first one… and then we will sing it all the way through.

You are definitely a good sleeper… when it is time to sleep… you snuggle up… with your hands tucked under your tummy and that lil’ bottom up in the air. Of course, you pick a few favorite things to snuggle with each night. Besides Elmo, Teddy, and Puppy… you usually go to sleep with a car or two… and then Mommy has to come in and sneak them out.

You are full of questions… and oh, so smart! Sometimes I think you are too smart for your own good! Every time we leave the house… you ask “Mommy, where are we going?”… and of course, when you don’t like the answer… you will say “NO!”… and complain a bit. You definitely have a “knack” for complaining. You ask “what’s that?” several times during the day… you are so very inquisitive. You love to help clean up your toys… and will sing “clean-up… clean-up… everybody clean-up”… as we put your toys away. You can’t walk past an open door or cupboard without closing it… and you love to have the lights and ceiling fan on at all times. You love being outside… riding your tricycle… and playing ball. And, you have recently taken a liking to checking out bugs. Although, you have seen a few that make you run and say “Mommy, I’m scared”. It is okay Buddy… they scare me, too!

And yes my lil’ man… I have to tell you this… you have embarrassed me like I have never been embarrassed before. Although… I guess I can say… “I am adjusting”… because I have had quite a bit of practice! Standing in front of everyone at church… asking to go home… or pulling on Mommy’s blouse so that I am sure everyone could see more than I was comfortable with! Screaming in the nursery so loud… the door and window had to be closed… and since that one and only time I left you… for only 10 minutes… you refuse to look at the nursery director when we see her at church. You are definitely known as a “Mommy’s boy” at church… and because of that… Grandma has even volunteered to work in the nursery because you won’t stay in there without one of us. You tell Mommy “no church!”… when I ask you if you are ready to go see Pastor Steve. And yes… you’ve had a meltdown a time or two (or three or four) in the store… crying as loud as you could so that everyone could hear you in Kohl’s (and next door in Target, too!). Mommy has had to walk out of stores more times than I would like to admit because of you… my lil’ guy! You can crawl out of the stroller - strapped in - faster than I can say “sit down”. Yes, you definitely keep me on my toes! Every day is an adventure… but, I am loving every minute of it!

A Mommy’s Boy you are… but, I know it won’t be like this forever… so, I selfishly admit… I am enjoying it while it lasts! The trips with Mommy to the bathroom are a bit much… but, what can I say? You give Daddy such a hard time… yet I know you love him too… you just prefer Mommy at the moment. Of course, when you get into trouble… you ask for Daddy… just as sister does! I love the lil’ games that only you and I play… like when Daddy is at work… and you will say “Where’s Daddy?” and I will answer “He’s at work!”… and then you will say “Where’s Bob?”… and I will say “He’s at work, too!”… and then you will say “Where’s Robert?” … and I will say “And, he is at work, too!”… and then we will both start laughing! Or… when I ask you “Who’s boy are you?”… and you reply “Robert’s!” … and I say “No, you aren’t… you’re Mommy’s boy!”… and you will say “No Robert’s!”… and then we laugh together!

I love you Logan… all of you… from your head to your toes! I can’t imagine my life without you! To think there was time when Mommy’s world was so “blue” and “empty” because I longed to have children… and here I am today… a Mommy of a little girl… AND a little boy… oh, how I have been blessed. God answered my prayers… oh boy, did He ever! I can’t imagine being anything else in my life than a Mommy… and not just any Mommy… but a Mommy to YOU and to Lorielle! I pray for you Logan every day. May you grow up and always have Jesus in your heart! May you be a strong Christian man… and one day a husband and father! And, I pray that I will be the “bestest” Mommy ever… because I have the “bestest” lil’ boy in the world! You are so very special Logan! Happy 2nd Birthday Buddy! I love you with all of my heart… all of my being! Thank you Lord Jesus for this precious miracle… and filling my days with a “Lil’ Bit of Heaven on Earth!”.

Love You!!
Mommy



Happy Birthday Logan! You are TWO!


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Logan!! You are such a boy, I love it! This was a great post, I loved reading all of your stories. What a special gift to share with Logan as he grows older. I can especially relate to the crackers shoved in the mouth and crumbs flying... Are you sure Nick is not related to Logan?? :) Happy Birthday big 2 year old!! Perfect song, Chris loves Gary Allan!

Lindsay said...

What a sweet letter to your little boy! I'm sure he will treasure it forever! It seems like he has such a cute personality! And I love his newborn picture-handsome from birth!