Although... not quite so precious!
Logan and I headed out this morning to run a few errands. A friend of mine recommended The Jesus Storybook Bible so I thought we would check it out at our local Christian Bookstore. Away we went! Logan was the perfect lil' boy as Mommy shopped! He sat in his stroller... clapped to the music... and chattered away about all the books he liked!
Since we were in the area, I decided to return an item to the party store. Logan asked if he could walk. "Sure", I said. My plan was to run in and out... no shopping and after all, he had been such a good boy during our first stop. As we walked in - Logan holding Mommy's hand - the clerk commented on my "beautiful" well-behaved little boy. Beautiful? I thought to myself... not quite the word I would use to describe my handsome lil' man... but, what the heck. The clerk was still talking as my mind was pondering her comment when I felt a tug on my arm. Logan then began to yell "fire_uck!" "fire_uck!" (he hasn't quite mastered the word "truck" and replaces it with a not so nice four-letter word!). "FireTRuck", I said even louder... "Yes, I see the fireTRuck!". There wasn't a person in the store that couldn't hear my son! And to make matters worse... Logan wanted to buy the firetruck... and when Mommy said "no"... my "beautiful, well-behaved" little boy turned into a lil' monster. I stood there at the register while my lil' man had a complete meltdown and attempted a back flip out of my arms while I was trying to sign the receipt. Paper bag anyone? Please send one my way in a hurry!
We made it back to our car and my lil' man had calmed down and was ready to hop into his car seat. I should have called it quits... but, I didn't want to have to run back to the mall another day. I pulled into a parking spot... told Logan he would be riding in his stroller and that he would be a good boy! "Okay Mommy", he said in his sweet lil' voice. We walked into JCP and I found the pair of jean shorts that I had been looking for for Logan. I hung them on the stroller. Next stop... the shoe department. I tried on a pair of sandals that I didn't like... looked at my watch and realized we needed to hurry because sister would be out of school shortly.
I zipped off to the Disney Store looking for anything Cars for Logan's birthday. I bent down to look at the Cars beach towel that was on sale for $7.99... I see Logan holding a woman's shoe with a big, bright - red sticker that says "Sale" on it! Oh my gosh... it was from JCP! And not only that... the pair of jean shorts were still hanging on my stroller - unpaid for! Okay seriously... forget the bag... give me a magic potion to make me invisible! Now I know why the Disney store clerk had a funny expression on her face when she asked if I needed any help!
I ran back to JCP all the while praying the alarm wouldn't go off when I walked through their store opening and quietly placed the shoe back where it belonged... whew! Then paid for the jean shorts that weren't all that cute anymore! And you can bet as I walked out the door this time... I made sure we didn't have any extra items in our stroller... and I made sure the security camera could see my bag - with the paid item inside!
Embarrassing! Really embarrassing! I guess though it is "just another day in paradise!"
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Mommy Moment (Take Two!)
From The Heart By
The Tweedy Family
at
12:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I seriously just laughed out loud so hard!! That is freaking awesome... not sure what is better the Fire*ruck or the woman's shoe!! :)
Post a Comment