Tuesday, August 10, 2010

~2nd Grade~

Here She Comes!

It is "official"... no more "almost"... my lil' "baby" girl... is off to school... and is now a 2nd Grader! My, oh my... where has time gone? It feels as if it were only yesterday that I was walking her into Kindergarten... and yet here we are! Wow!























So very happy to see her friends!


Having her BFF back with her this year came as quite a surprise... and as you can see she is smiling from head to toe! We had thought Jocelyn would be attending a different school this year... but her parents moved back just a few days ago so she could attend SRA! Unfortunately, the girls were only able to see each other once during the summer. But as I stood and watched the two of them this morning it was like time stood still... and they hadn't missed a day. Such "big" girls now... yet, so very little and innocent! They hugged and laughed... smiled and giggled... and as I looked down... I noticed they were holding hands. It brought tears to my eyes! So so sweet and boy, they are definitely connected at the heart!


The Trio






My Dear Lil' Miss Sweet Pea,
Second Grade! I am so very proud of you Lorielle! I love you with ALL of my heart! I was so very happy to see the smile on your face this morning as I walked you to class! The tears had finally ceased... and a great big grin had appeared! You cried and cried last night as I tucked you into bed... not wanting to leave Mommy this year... sharing with me how much you were going to miss me.... but, didn't I promise you the moment you met your teacher and reconnected with all of your friends... your lil' heart would fill much better? And see... Mommy was right! (Although I will admit... you had me very nervous as I haven't seen you cry like that in a like time!)
Lorielle I pray that 2nd grade will be a fun and exciting adventure in learning! May you perfect the skills you have already learned... and conquer the new ones that come your way! I will be right by your side with every step... to help you... encourage you... praise you... but, most importantly... to love you always! How blessed am I to be your Mommy... and to be able to watch you learn and grow!
I pray my lil' girl... that the Lord will bless you with special lil' friends along the way... the kind that last a lifetime! May 2nd grade be filled with play dates and fun... and memories you will cherish in your heart always!
Always know Lorielle... I will always love you... always! And, I will always be so very proud of my lil' girl!
Have a SUPER SECOND Grade!
Love,
Your Mommy!
(P.S. ... I am praying extra hard we can conquer those subtraction math facts as "fast as a snap!"

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh look at her sweet face... she is beaming with excitement!! That is wonderful her best friend is back in school with her, I bet that made her day even more special! Go Lorielle, you are going to do great!! xoxo