Lorielle's First Day of School!
First, let me start by saying... I SURVIVED THE DAY! I didn't think I would... but, I did... and all went very well. Second, Lorielle was so excited... had so much fun... and can't wait to go back tomorrow! Praise God! One day down... 13 years minus one day to go!
Good Morning Sweetheart... time to get up! She was still a bit sleepy... so, mommy had to drag her out of bed... literally by her feet! She thought that was quite funny... and we headed downstairs for breakfast!
Whole Grain Waffle... Peanut Butter... Bananas... and a tad bit of Syrup... with Milk! Mmmm...
Lunch - Packed with Extra Love! Heart Shaped PB&J sandwich... apple slices (minus the skin)... cheese and crackers... a carrot stick... a hand full of chips... and water! And of course, a note from Mommy!
Couldn't forget the hair... that is a must!
A hug from little brother! Logan ALWAYS gives sister a big hug and kiss in the morning and at bedtime... and many times during the day. It is sooo cute!
A family picture with our little kindergartner!

All ready to go in her "Apple Outfit".
Can't you just feel her excitement in this picture?
Mommy and her sweetheart!
Waiting for her teacher!
Kids... Kids... and more Kids... And away she went... no time for tears... it went so quickly!
Getting Settled In... (Notice the parents peeking in the window...) I would have loved to peek in the window too... but, I knew I might just be tempted to stay there all day... so, once they were settled in... we left the door way. Although... ssshhhh... don't tell anyone... we drove by the school twice!
One day down... isn't she cute with her lunchbox... homework folder... and a very tired little face!
After school she was soooo excited... I didn't get too hear very much right away! She wanted to play school with her brother as soon as she got home... So, she set up her desk... lined up all of her baby dolls along the sofa... and of course, tried to "boss" Logan - oh, I mean be his teacher! Of course, Logan isn't ready to be a kindergartner and kept getting into "trouble" for leaving his "square on the rug." I listened carefully while she played... and learned a little. It was very cute! An hour or two later, we sat on my bed and chatted... and she was finally ready to share a glimpse of her day with me. She loves her teacher... thinks she is "nice and beautiful"... she told me they sang songs, listened to a story about classroom rules... colored... worked with the letter "A"... and that she raised her hand to ask when recess was. I am sure the teacher loved that question. Of course, she said recess was her favorite part of the day! She also shared that her and her friend ended up in the wrong line at recess, but they made their way back to the right classroom. She asked when she could go back... when her first day off would be... asked me if I missed her and told me she missed me... and asked me to make sure I gave her an extra kiss while she was standing in line on the playground in the morning... and right about then I noticed her eyes were a little "heavy". She rolled over and whispered something into the pillow... and it went something like this "I didn't get into trouble... but... I was talking on the rug to my friend... and my teacher told me there was to be no talking on the rug! ... Is that okay Mommy? That isn't getting into trouble, right?" ... Yes, sweetie... it is okay and no your teacher was just reminding you of the classroom rules! And as she prayed tonight... she asked Jesus to help her remember not to talk on the rug. Oh, how I love her!!! And yes... talking may be an issue for her... who would have ever guessed!?!?!?!
Oh, yes... lunch... She doesn't each much... but, I wanted to make sure she had a variety so that at least she ate "something". Well... let's just say... I am not sure how much ended up in her tummy... and how much ended up in the trashcan. Our conversation went something like this...
"Mommy, I ate most of my lunch..."
"Good girl sweetie!"
"Well, my sandwich was getting really brown so I had to throw part of it away because it didn't look very good!"
"Honey, wheat bread is always brown!"
"No Mommy... it was REALLY brown!"
"Oh........... well, tomorrow you will have ham... and lets try to eat all of it, okay?"
"Okay Mommy!"
"Oh... and Mommy... I didn't eat both of my apple slices... only one... but, I did eat my cheese and crackers... and I shared my chips with my friend!"
"Okay sweetie... but, tomorrow you need to eat your sandwich and fruit BEFORE you eat your snacks!"
"Okay Mommy! Oh, and I brought my carrot stick home, too!"
HHHHHmmmmmm..............................................................
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
K i n d e r g a r t e n
From The Heart By
The Tweedy Family
at
9:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment