My Precious Little Girl… Lorielle,
I cannot believe that you will be an official kindergartener tomorrow morning! My BIG GIRL! I am so very proud of you… and so very proud to be your mommy! My life has been so very blessed by you! I love you sweetheart… I love you with all of my heart!
Tomorrow is such a special day… and although bitter-sweet for Mommy… I am so very excited for you! I hear the enthusiasm in your voice… with each innocent question you ask me… “What is school like?” “Will my teacher be nice?” “Will I make new friends?” “What will I learn?” … And of course, with each round of questions… the same one is always asked at the end… “Mommy, will you miss me?” Yes, sweetheart… I will miss you! With every second that you are not by my side… I will miss you!
The morning will be here soon… and I want you to know I will cherish each moment as we get you ready for your big day… As I help you get dressed in your special apple outfit and curl your pretty hair… while I prepare a breakfast for you… when I make your lunch and pack it “just right” and write a note with “I LOVE You” on it… and when I give you kiss after kiss to make sure you won’t run out before the day is over! Today is YOUR day my little sweetheart and I feel so very special to be your mommy and share this with you. I wish I could have 5 more years with you at home… but, then of course, I know I wouldn’t be ready then either… yes, I would ask for 5 more!
This special day is a time of reflection for Mommy! I can remember the very moment I learned you were growing inside of me! I was so excited… so happy… so blessed! I waited soooo long for you… and I couldn’t wait to meet you! I remember when we were told “it’s a girl!”… and I remember spending days… weeks… months… picking the perfect name… JUST FOR YOU! Definitely not a “Madison”… but, totally a “Lorielle Faith”. I remember the first time I held you in my arms… my heart melted like never before! I held your tiny hands… as you wrapped your fingers around mine… and I kissed your precious little head. Thanking God for every second… for I was so blessed to be your mommy! I remember the first time you smiled… the first time you giggled… the very first time you called me “mommy”… the day you were dedicated… your first steps… your first haircut… your first birthday... second... third... and fourth... ballet, soccer, VBS… so very many special, absolutely precious moments! I thank God for you each and every day… you are truly my little miracle… and I just love you soooo much!
I wish I could make the next hours last forever… and of course, in trying to do so… I will drive you as slowly as I possibly can to your school… I will walk you to your room with the smallest of steps… holding your hand probably tighter than I have in your entire life. I will then somehow find the strength to “let go” some how… some way… and place you in the care of your wonderful teacher… all the while hiding every tear that will slide down my cheek! As I wave good-bye, I will already be praying for God to surround you with His Guardian Angels and I will definitely be counting the minutes… no the seconds… until I can pick you up!
I will miss spending my entire day with you… but I know that it wouldn’t be fair to keep you “itsy bitsy” forever! For God has planned life just as this… and for that, I must accept this day is here. You have been my little shadow… and I will miss having you by my side! I am forever grateful that I was able to stay home with you each day… to play… to teach… to love… and to watch you grow right before my eyes! I know it is time now to let you spread your little wings… and experience “life” as a kindergartener!
And now… if I can share the most important words I ever will… Remember sweet pea… always keep JESUS in your heart! Remember all that we do… and say… is to be pleasing to Him. He is always with you! And secondly, remember… Mommy and Daddy love you with all of our hearts, souls… our entire beings! We are so proud of you and so blessed to be your parents!!!
Now go my little one… and have the time of your life! We are about to start on a new adventure… and Mommy is so blessed to be a part of it!
I LOVE YOU!
xoxoxoxox Mommy xoxoxoxox
A few of Mommy's favorite pictures from Lorielle's first year!

I can’t believe your going to Kindergarten tomorrow! Another chapter closes, and another opens up. You sure were excited today…”I’m going to school tomorrow!!” Time sure has flown by! It seems like only yesterday we brought you home from the hospital! So…honey…as me and your mommy drop you off…at school….next year…ok…ok….tomorrow, know that we will be praying, thinking of you and can hardly wait to hear about your day! If time could only stop…or at least slow down! ….We love you so much Lorielle! ~~Daddy





1 comments:
Your letter was so amazingly beautiful. It made me cry, still am. So sweet! Lorielle will cherish it forever!! And her newborn picture... she still looks the same!!
Post a Comment