Monday, August 4, 2008

~ ~ P I S M O ~ ~ B E A C H ~ ~

The four of us just returned from a week of fun and relaxation in Pismo Beach! Can I just say... WE HAD A BLAST!!! We arrived Sunday afternoon - left the following Saturday... and it seemed to fly by so quickly! Growing up, I remember spending summer vacations in Santa Barbara and San Diego. I have so many special memories of those precious family times - especially all the fun my sister and I had. I wanted to begin our own family traditions so that my little ones will grow up with their own memories to treasure... and, I think we are off to a great start!

Our days were filled with beach, relaxation, and lots of fun loving! Each morning, the hotel provided their guests with a breakfast basket which we ate on our balcony. A perfect way to begin the day! After breakfast, we headed straight to the beach and spent the entire day in the sand. The kiddos seemed to bring half the beach back with them each day, so after a warm shower... we would head out for dinner (a favorite spot - Apple Farm - MMM'mmm!). After our family dinner, we watched the sunsets, toured the town (visited the ice-cream store a few times!), and played Old Maid and Go Fish.

I enjoyed every single second with my little ones. It was absolutely priceless! Getting away from the "routines" of life and being able to relax and savor each innocent, precious moment through their eyes was a true blessing. We turned on the television once and that was only because we heard there had been an earthquake close to home. Never even missed it. I am so very grateful to have a husband that is willing to work so hard - hours of overtime - for special moments like these.

DAY ONE:

Getting ready for our first day at the beach!



SeaVenture - Our home for the week!


Playing in the sand - Logan's first time!



Our lil' guy isn't walking yet (C'mon Logan!)... so he has found the "oddest" way of getting around. Forget crawling... he "walks" on his knees! Boy, does he look silly!





Our little "Beach Princess"



Getting our toes wet!


Building sand castles...



Nap time on the beach! How awesome is that? When Logan had had enough and needed a break... he would crawl up on my lap... cover his head with the towel... and asleep he went!




No sand... and all ready for dinner!













1 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh this makes me miss the central coast! All of you in sweatshirts at the beach... that was the BEST! I love Logan's version of walking, that is so awesome! Just wait, he will start walking and go straight to running for the ocean!!