Tuesday, June 16, 2009

-~-~Laughlin Fun-~-~

Lorielle has been asking Papa to take her to Laughlin for several months now! It just so happened that Daddy ended up with a surprise four-day weekend (of course, after working two doubles)... and Grandma and Grandpa were planning on going away for their 45th wedding anniversary. Without Lorielle knowing... we all discussed a camping trip to the beach... or a trip to Laughlin. We couldn't make up our minds... so at Lorielle's Kindergarten Celebration Program, I whispered in her ear "For doing such a GREAT job in Kindergarten... would you like to go to Laughlin... or camping at the beach?" Of course, without even thinking for a second... she said with excitement "Laughlin!" ... and so Laughlin it was! On Lorielle's second day of summer vacation... we headed to Laughlin for four days.

We all had a great time! Surprisingly the weather was a bit chilly... but, that didn't stop any of us from having fun in the water. It was Logan's first time on the lake... and on the wave-runners (up until now, he has always stayed back in the hotel room with one of us). I didn't tell anyone, but I didn't sleep the night before because I was second guessing my decision to allow him to go out on the lake. I pictured him being afraid... screaming... and trying to climb up me as we headed out to our spot on the lake. Much to our surprise... he loved it! He sat on the wave-runner between my mom and I... held onto my life jacket... and said "go faster Mommy!". I was so proud of him. Of course, Lorielle is an "ole' pro" at all of this... and delighted in showing her brother the "ropes".


Caught in the act... snack'n on a few chips before breakfast! HHHmmm... I wonder if this was a joint effort... or if there was a leader?


Our first morning...


Papa taking Logan for a ride (Logan wanted to stay on the wave-runners all day!)








Daddy and his girl!


Lorielle, Grandpa, and Grandma... (I know... we are quite the "stylish" bunch, huh? But, it is all about sun protection!)


Nap-time! Noth'n stops Logan from nap'n when he is tired! He asked for a towel... hopped on Mommy's lap... covered his face... and to sleep he went!













Happy 45th Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa! I am sure you enjoyed your "nice-quiet- romantic" dinner with the 4 of us! NOT!!! Logan had to be taken to the room for being a bit too naughty! Terrible two's, right?












Feeding the Ducks!





Logan can't decide whether he wants to eat the cracker... or give it to the ducks!














I think the ducks just might have eaten out of Lorielle's hand...


...if Logan could sit still and be quiet.




Daddy thinks he is at work in this picture... C'mon Daddy... this isn't a "mug shot!"
We can't wait to go again!


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like you had a great time! Love the wave runner shots.

Lindsay said...

You guys take the best pictures! Everyone is so photogenic!