Thursday, June 11, 2009

One Last Day Of Kindergarten!


My Precious Lil' Girl,

Today is your very last day of kindergarten! My, oh my! It seems as though I was sitting in this very chair only a few short days ago... writing my "love letter" to you on your very first day of kindergarten. Where did time go?

Lorielle... I am so very proud of you! You did it! Yes, you did! My lil' kindergartner is very shortly to be my "big" first grader... wow!

You are my world... my joy... my heart! I am so very proud to be your Mommy. You have worked so very hard this year... and have grown by leaps and bounds! Mommy is quite amazed at how far you have come this year! Reading... writing... and not just writing... but, writing "stories"! You have mastered your kindergarten sight words... your alpha-friends... the months of the year... shapes... counting way beyond 100... and excelling in math! I think it is wonderful that you enjoy addition and subtraction! Of course, you have learned so much more... giving each and every assignment your best. My heart sings as I listen to you sing your kindergarten songs! I often find myself humming them throughout my day. The Colors Of The Rainbow... I think one of my favorites! You completed every single homework assignment... every project... and did so joyfully... and so ready to learn more. Thank you for the many keepsakes you made for our family! They will always remain so special to Mommy... no matter how old you are! Although mornings were a bit challenging on some days... you went to school every day with a smile on your face... and a heart full of love to share with all of your friends. We definitely shared some "long" afternoons as we tackled homework... but, you did it sweetheart... and that is all that matters! As much as I am so very proud of all that you have conquered and accomplished this year... I am even more proud of the lil' person that you are. You are one very special little girl... and I am not just saying that because you are my lil' girl... but, because you truly are special - in every way!

I enjoyed volunteering in your classroom! How very special I felt when your lil' friends asked if I was "Lorielle's Mommy." Oh yes... I am Lorielle's Mommy! I am sure there were a few days that you wished I wasn't sitting at the journal table with you... but, know this my sweet-pea... I only wanted to encourage you to give your writings your very best! Mommy's heart always pitter-pattered when you stopped your work for just a short second to give me a quick peek. I loved having lunch with you at the lunch tables... and watching you be my silly lil' girl with your friends. I am very blessed to have been given this opportunity to be a part of your kindergarten classroom. I definitely think the most memorable day was when I painted feet! Oh what a day that was... so many different reactions to this project... and so many lil' ticklish feet. I came home with red paint on my clothes, my shoes, and my arms and hands!

I loved writing lil' notes on your napkin each day... making your sandwich just how you liked it... cutting your apples just the way you requested... and on good days... sneaking in a little something sweet! I think it is so cute how you have paid attention to Mommy's cleanliness habits! Coming home to tell me that you had to throw your juice away because the lunch-aide that opened it had dirty fingernails! Too funny my sweet girl... but, good job!

... Oh ... and the days that you moved your clip to blue... and were rewarded by being able to visit the treasure chest... You would be grinning from ear to ear when I picked you up and I just knew! And, I will never forget the stuffed puppy you brought home within the first few days of school. We named him Kinder, remember?

As I sit here... I can't help but cry. Funny isn't... I cried as I had to "let go" and watch my lil' girl go to her first day of kindergarten... and yet I cry now because kindergarten is officially over... and honestly, I wish it could go on forever! I know that wouldn't be fair to you... as you have so much to accomplish in your life... but, I can't help but "wish" you could be little forever! But I have no doubt, we will make first grade just as special... just as fun... and we will give learning our very best!

Lorielle... summer is just a few short hours away... and Mommy can't wait! Ten whole weeks I will have you to myself... just like ole' times! I am so excited! I know first grade will be here before we know it... but, until then... I am going to enjoy every single precious moment together as we celebrate your first summer vacation. You have worked so hard this year... and now my lil' one... it is time to have some fun... sleep in a bit... stay up just a lil' bit later... and enjoy our time together.

This has been an amazing year Lorielle... and I love you so very much - "with all of my heart - more than the stars in the sky - and more water than in the ocean!" I am so very proud of you! I am so very blessed to be your Mommy!

XOXO Mommy XOXO
****************************

Lorielle,

I am so proud of you! Wow! What a year! I am amazed at how much you have learned! I'm not only proud of you for how much you have learned, but I am also proud of you for how you treat others, being a good friend and showing respect. I am looking forward to spending time with you on your summer vacation! Your mommy and brother and I love you so much! You are a special blessing from God!
I love you, Dad

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, Lorielle is going to cherish all of these beautiful letters both you and Bob have written on your BLOG. Congrats Lorielle on such a great year!!! I can't believe you will be in 1st grade, that is the big leagues now!! :)

Lindsay said...

First of all, what a beautiful picture of you and Lorielle! Your letter was so sweet, and it makes me look forward to the fun year to come with my little girl. Thanks for sharing!