Saturday, June 27, 2009

Take Me Out To The Ball Game...



Friday evening Lorielle and I overheard a bit of a Storm Baseball game on the car radio. Lorielle commented that she had never been to a baseball game... and that she would really like to go.
(Rewind to Father's Day... Lorielle picked up a bat and ball for the first time ... and hit a "home run" right into our neighbor's yard and since then has taken an interest in baseball/softball.)

Mommy's brain instantly went into overdrive... and began thinking. First I called Daddy to see what he thought... His thoughts were that it might be easier to get tickets for a Storm game rather than an Angel's game on such short notice... and said he would "check it out". So, we decided a Storm's game it would be. Daddy called us right back and said their next home game was Saturday night - June 27th. I immediately called Grandma and Grandpa to see if they would mind watching Logan... so, that we could have some "one-on-one" time with Lorielle. Of course, they said "sure"... so, we gave Daddy the green light to buy tickets.

Bob called back a bit later to tell us their website wasn't letting him purchase tickets... and asked Mommy to give it a try from our home computer. So I sat down to give it a whirl... and of course, once Mommy's attention went elsewhere... my cell phone rang... then our home phone rang... ringing... beeping... buzzing... the dogs began barking... and Lorielle and Logan decided to "wind up" since Mommy looked busy. Trying to balance it all... and find tickets for the next night... became quite a task. But, I did it... (at least I thought I did!). I had 5 screens open at once... the timer was telling me they would only hold the tickets for 300 seconds... and so I am frantically calling Bob to see if they are "good" seats... and they were... the only 3 left in that section... so my fingers quickly typed our credit card information... and seconds later out printed the tickets. Yes... we are going to a baseball game! What fun! I carefully placed the tickets on top of our desk... and went about getting the kiddos ready for bed.

Fast forward... Saturday 4:30 p.m. ... running a bit late... we dropped Logan off at Grandma and Grandpa's for his special big boy night! We decided we only had enough time to sit down at Coco's. But that was okay... We enjoyed a nice dinner with Lorielle... without Logan attempting to crawl out of his high chair... crayons falling on the floor... or a spoon banging on the table. Lorielle actually commented she missed him... total big sister! We finished dinner... got back in the car... and on our way to Storm Stadium, I pulled the tickets down from the visor. Friday, June 26th (yesterday!)... You have got to be kidding me! Seriously? No way! Bob thought I was joking... but, unfortunately I wasn't. I bought tickets for the game the night before... (and really... who sells tickets for a game that is almost over? They do apparently!). And of course... it is printed on the tickets quite boldly... "No refunds or exchanges!" Wow... definitely a not so good "Mommy Moment".

Worst case scenario, Bob thought, is that we would have to buy more tickets for tonight's game. Whew! As we approache the stadium... there is traffic everywhere... and then I see a sign that states they are sold out for tonight's game. How can that be? I didn't know they ever sold out? By this time Lorielle was in tears... but, Bob was still sure it would all work out. So, we paid our $5 parking and went to the Will-Call office. No... No... and No... No tickets! No refunds! No Exchanges! No baseball game tonight!

Lorielle cried all the way back to the car... and Mommy knew she better start thinking really fast!




0 comments: