Happy Birthday My Dear Sweet Sister!
Tulips... your favorite!
What it must be like to walk through the fields of Tulips in Heaven!



Lori, How I miss you... Not a day goes by that I don't think of you! I miss you so very much! You would have been 37 today... so very hard to believe! My little sister... 37! Wow, now that makes me feel quite old! It is so difficult to not think about "what could have been..." ... "what should have been..." So... for just a minute... let my heart wander...
Waking as my husband leaves for work - way before the sun rises - to make sure I am the first one to post "Happy Birthday" on your Facebook page! Oh, and then I would have to send you an e-mail filled with birthday wishes, too! Counting the minutes until I know you and your little ones are awake to call and say Happy Birthday! And of course, Lorielle and Logan will sing Happy Birthday to you on the phone! We will have already made plans for your special day! Would we be headed to San Diego? The beach? Shopping? The pool? Or... maybe... we would do it all! We would all pile into my van... I am sure singing Happy Birthday to you once again... laughing... giggling... filled with excitement! Lorielle and Logan would be showering you with their zillion hand made birthday cards... begging you to read them all at once! We would talk... share... and just be together as sisters ~ best friends! So perfect! I am sure we would finish the day with a family dinner... birthday cake... and lots of presents! Oh... if only!
That empty space can never be filled in my heart! For it was only meant for you! There will never be another Lori... another sister... another best friend! But that is okay... because that is how very special you are... and always will be!
Happy Birthday Lori!
I love you! I miss you!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to Lori! Your post each year always makes me cry. I know she is smiling down from heaven on you and your family each day! xoxo
Love and hugs to you!!!
Post a Comment