...She is in pieces... and it's all Mommy's fault!
Every "once in awhile" (of course, it isn't all that often... right, Honey?) ... I will hear my husband tell me... "Well, you're the Mom!" ... You know... like when I ask "Did you wash behind Logan's ears?" ... or "Did Lorielle brush her teeth for two minutes?" ... And so that leads into a conversation on the "role" of each parent... and who is better at what... and so on and so forth.
It is (or shall I say was) my point of view that it doesn't matter who is "better" at doing what... We just give it our best... and do it! So, when I hear that... I always tell him "Well, you're the Dad... and just as capable as the Mom!" Just because Daddy is in charge of brushing teeth tonight doesn't mean we get away with a speed wash on fast forward! Right?
It is Bob's opinion that when it comes to the kiddos... because I am the Mom... I can do everything better... faster... cleaner... and therefore I shouldn't have certain expectations of him. Of course, I realize Daddy can't make Lorielle's hair look like Mommy does... but... .... ...
So...
Today while Lorielle was at VBS... Logan and I decided to do a little shopping. Logan has a little bit of birthday money that hasn't been spent... and he just so happened to find Mavis and the Quarry Cars while we were shopping. The clerk could tell by his grin from ear to ear... that he "needed" his own bag to carry out of the store. As I buckled him in, he was already asking me to open the box. Of course, he couldn't wait to get them home and play with them! I barely opened the door and he ran into the kitchen... and pulled a few batteries out of the drawer... along with Daddy's pocket screwdriver. "Put the batteries in Mommy!" he squealed with excitement! "Sure Buddy!" I turned it over and saw tiny little screws. Of course, that must be where the battery goes... so, I unscrewed two of them. Hmmm... that didn't do anything... except put Mavis into two pieces! I then noticed an even smaller screw. "Oh, I guess that one needs to come out, too." ... So, out it went... along with something else even smaller that bounced somewhere on the kitchen floor. Yikes! And still... I can't find where the battery goes. Now that Mavis' bottom half is in pieces... I flip it over to find that the top pops off... no unscrewing needed! Duh!
So now...
Mavis is in pieces... along with 3 screws and a tiny washer... that go somewhere!
I managed to place the battery in the right spot... put the top back on... and oh, I found where two of the screws belong. Won't my husband be proud? ... But no luck with the other pieces, tiny screw, and washer!
So there Mavis sits on our kitchen counter until Daddy comes home... Why, you ask? ... Well because... HE is THE DAD! ... and maybe just maybe... my husband (who happens to be the BEST in the world) just might be right about this one topic!
...and Logan... well, he isn't very happy with Mommy! He told Daddy on the phone that Mavis was angry that Mommy took her apart and can't put her back together!
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Poor Mavis!
From The Heart By
The Tweedy Family
at
7:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Ha ha ha! I did the same thing to Skarloey! Let's hope Daddy can fix it!!
Post a Comment